• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,051 posts in this topic

Finally added The Punisher #100 Michael Golden Variant in CGC 9.8 to my collection. :cloud9:

I just wish CGC had a separate spot in the registry for this book, also would label them as a variant cover. Definitely different than the Frank Teran foil cover. hm

punisher%20100%20variant%203.jpg

Finally added The Punisher #100 Michael Golden Variant in CGC 9.8 to my collection. :cloud9:

I just wish CGC had a separate spot in the registry for this book, also would label them as a variant cover. Definitely different than the Frank Teran foil cover. hm

punisher%20100%20variant%203.jpg

That's an intense cover, never saw it before. Congrats on finding one in 9.8! :applause:

Thank you, yep it's a piece I thought I would never own. Here a few more cool pieces I recently added to my art collection. And I'm always looking to buy more Cosmic Marvel pieces if anybody has any to sell :baiting:

1st New appearance of Toxin/Eddie Brock:

IMG_0015_zpsidkm4u0v.jpg

Death of Magus Retold:

IMG_0055_zpsjqnlrr5f.jpg

Final Page Splash to IW #2:

IMG_0060_zpsfztqqj6p.jpg

Final Warlock vs. Magus Battle from Infinity War:

IMG_0065_zps5tlq561u.jpg

And some other goodies:

IMG_0053_zpsvytistas.jpg

IMG_0061_zpshlmqai1v.jpg

IMG_0066_zpsqtunt2qi.jpg

IMG_0067_zpsap7oggnz.jpg

While I obviously have respect for all the people enjoying his art, I can’t really stand Ron Lim's early 1990s work. His defects keeps popping and popping to my eyes… :P

I don’t know who Toxin is as I did not follow Spidey much afterwards, but that one is very nice!

While I obviously have respect for all the people enjoying his art, I can’t really stand Ron Lim's early 1990s work. His defects keeps popping and popping to my eyes… :P

I don’t know who Toxin is as I did not follow Spidey much afterwards, but that one is very nice!

That hurts, Claudio lol

Nah, I understand though. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder in many thing in life.

That hurts, Claudio lol

Nah, I understand though. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder in many thing in life.

I always strive to make a distinction and separate simple taste from criticism.

There are great artists I really just don’t like, but I recognize the quality of the work.

With Lim, especially in his early years there are proper flaws, both in proportions, anatomy, composition, and they are not deliberate interpretations: they just show a lack of background in drawing, an insufficient grasp on the volumes of the figures, etc.

He had and has good composition skills, he knows how to tell a story, but the drawings in themselves have often many defects.

Now, if one wants to find such defects in artists like – say – Todd McFarlane, it becomes more difficult to determine whether they are limits or in single cases choices, because his art is caricatural, but with Lim that always worked in a realistic way they just pop up. This does not mean he did not have qualities, but his work at the time was still immature and had objective flaws (I have not followed him recently but I seem to get he improved, much like Jim Lee, which had different defects, and worse ones we could say, as they were related to storytelling).

That hurts, Claudio lol

I always strive to make a distinction and separate simple taste from criticism.

There are great artists I really just don’t like, but I recognize the quality of the work.

With Lim, especially in his early years there are proper flaws, both in proportions, anatomy, composition, and they are not deliberate interpretations: they just show a lack of background in drawing, an insufficient grasp on the volumes of the figures, etc.

He had and has good composition skills, he knows how to tell a story, but the drawings in themselves have often many defects.

Now, if one wants to find such defects in artists like – say – Todd McFarlane, it becomes more difficult to determine whether they are limits or in single cases choices, because his art is caricatural, but with Lim that always worked in a realistic way they just pop up. This does not mean he did not have qualities, but his work at the time was still immature and had objective flaws (I have not followed him recently but I seem to get he improved, much like Jim Lee, which had different defects, and worse ones we could say, as they were related to storytelling).

I understand for sure. But nostalgia covers a multitude of defects when it comes to early 90's art.