• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,060 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

.... my pal Mark, who owns the nearest LCS, has been getting in groups of books from the estate of one of his old customers. These were all late silver/early bronze and were original owner books, purchased by her (...yes, her) in her younger days. She went on to become a Physicist and worked at the local Particle Accelerator ..... I wish I could have met her when she was still alive. He just got in CA 100 -113 and I picked up this one..... the 100 and 109 were already taken, but this bad boy was there still. I missed this one when I was a kid, it sold out, like almost any Hulk crossover that came out. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

That's a sweet looking copy :) and a sweet story to boot!

Thanks, bro ........... this one is probably a 9.0, but a few looked 9.4 or better. It's amazing to see stuff like that still in top shape.... I don't even remember exactly what happened to my books from those days. GOD BLESS...

3 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

.... my pal Mark, who owns the nearest LCS, has been getting in groups of books from the estate of one of his old customers. These were all late silver/early bronze and were original owner books, purchased by her (...yes, her) in her younger days. She went on to become a Physicist and worked at the local Particle Accelerator ..... I wish I could have met her when she was still alive. He just got in CA 100 -113 and I picked up this one..... the 100 and 109 were already taken, but this bad boy was there still. I missed this one when I was a kid, it sold out, like almost any Hulk crossover that came out. GOD BLESS...

53LTw7r.jpg

Whoa, that's a beauty, and a great story too!

7 hours ago, F For Fake said:
10 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

53LTw7r.jpg

Whoa, that's a beauty, and a great story too!

That's the best cover of them all jj !! 

13 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

you are very lucky to have a LCS like that ! my LCS has nothing older than silver age .... and what little they have is priced at 3x eBay prices

i have never seen a nice GA romance comic at an LCS.... i decided to pick a GA romance run to work on for the next decade lord willing !

It is pretty cool. They are deep in the forgotten genres, but it dries and drabs out a little at a time. Which is probably just as well! But sharp copies of GA romance are an LCS first for me too. (The First Love 13 is better described as solid than sharp, but with that one I'm just shocked and happy to find it.)

I also notice that Tales from the Tomb is not too hard to find, but it's not common in nice shape, and all copies seem to disappear as they become available. All in all, a happy little stack!

Their kind of beat up, ASC for $10 is about 3.5 while JandP for $12 is same but might squeeze out 4.0 :) not too bad!

Forgot to take off stickers, but they're from good ol' Half Price Books.... at least there was no shipping

All Star Comics #58 first appearance of Powergirl also 1st issue since 1950 something.jpg

Josie and the pussycats #45 first appearance of j and p first appearace also of Valerie.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Now that I think about it that Josie and the Pussycats #45 doesn't have a decimal point, could $120 have been right? They or HPB only rang it up for $12, twelve dollars...... :banana:

I knew it was a first appearance, turns out it's the first appearance of the band and Valerie :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Their kind of beat up, ASC for $10 is about 3.5 while JandP for $12 is same but might squeeze out 4.0 :) not too bad!

Forgot to take off stickers, but they're from good ol' Half Price Books.... at least there was no shipping

All Star Comics #58 first appearance of Powergirl also 1st issue since 1950 something.jpg

Josie and the pussycats #45 first appearance of j and p first appearace also of Valerie.jpg

I have the Josie, it’s a great issue. IMO a lot the older Archie titles are under rated.