• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,052 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Yeah nice pick up. I would have kept going but had too much tied in the Betty and Veronica which I lost out on

That Betty and Veronica was a nice book..  Looked way better than a fine IMO too.  Looked to me like an  8.0 -8.5 or better. Someone got a good deal on that one.

Won this on ebay recently.  It's a coverless Scribbly #1 with art by Sheldon Mayer who went on to do Sugar and Spike.  

Hilarious stories of a kid cartoonist.  Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure, but I like it

5a38669f6afe7_scribbly1_0001.thumb.jpg.83560858fbbbb27be455e3ed4c32a235.jpg

5a3866b67035a_scribbly1_0002.thumb.jpg.12eb659483baff65be2b96bd0b4ed6f7.jpg

Edited by Senormac

Happy to have a nice obscure run to slowly work on for the rest of my life god willing ...

there are a few very pricey issues number 50 and above 

but i will probably only go from issues 1-40

and i am happy to be able to start with a  Lovelorn #1

DSCN3693 - Edited.jpg

Edited by 1950's war comics

27 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

@Readcomix nice romance comics from your LCS, don't often see any of those that nice at an LCS (thumbsu

Thank you! He and I both got lucky; he says he got a collection of office copies compiled over the years from a long-time Marvel employee. There were a few short boxes of high grade, but almost all bronze and early copper -- TOD, Ghost Rider, Man-Thing, Star Wars, Star Trek, chunks of all the Spidey titles from those eras, X-Men -- but these were the only outliers, two 1959 romance books. Baker, Colletta, Maneely, Pike and Russ Heath (among others) packed into these two.