• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,047 posts in this topic

Over the holidays I went to see Phish two more times this years bringing my total to 5 shows seen at MSG.  This year Phish did 17 shows at the garden calling it 17 in '17 for the NYE run.  This poster marked that event.  When I saw the notification of the release, I tried to score a copy but failed as there was a print run of only 1,000.  Well... that's what eBay is for.  It came in the mail a little while ago and I immediately had it framed.  The poster is 18" by 24" without the frame.  This is the comic book one. 

Don't know where I am putting it yet but it will be the third one hanging in the house. The first poster was framed for the kitchen featuring a Jones Beach scene that blends in well as it is a beach scene amid a Long Island and beach themed kitchen.  This was the 2009 comeback poster at the beach.

The second poster was framed after I was scolded by my mom for not having a picture of grapes in the house.   Apparently it was customary in every house my family has owned to have a picture of grapes hanging somewhere.  I never noticed... I mean I drink the wine and there is a lot of that over here.. so I hung a Phish concert poster that featured the wineries of Long Island in the dining room. This was the 2010 Jones Beach poster.  

The third poster to make the cut to be framed was the NYE 2017 poster.  It was structured in a comic book style.  That will most likely go in the office when I feel like making another hole in the wall. 

PHISH NYE Run 2017.JPG

IMG_1452.JPG

IMG_1448.JPG

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Over the holidays I went to see Phish two more times this years bringing my total to 5 shows seen at MSG.  This year Phish did 17 shows at the garden calling it 17 in '17 for the NYE run.  This poster marked that event.  When I saw the notification of the release, I tried to score a copy but failed as there was a print run of only 1,000.  Well... that's what eBay is for.  It came in the mail a little while ago and I immediately had it framed.  The poster is 18" by 24" without the frame.  This is the comic book one. 

Don't know where I am putting it yet but it will be the third one hanging in the house. The first poster was framed for the kitchen featuring a Jones Beach scene that blends in well as it is a beach scene amid a Long Island and beach themed kitchen.  This was the 2009 comeback poster at the beach.

The second poster was framed after I was scolded by my mom for not having a picture of grapes in the house.   Apparently it was customary in every house my family has owned to have a picture of grapes hanging somewhere.  I never noticed... I mean I drink the wine and there is a lot of that over here.. so I hung a Phish concert poster that featured the wineries of Long Island in the dining room. This was the 2010 Jones Beach poster.  

The third poster to make the cut to be framed was the NYE 2017 poster.  It was structured in a comic book style.  That will most likely go in the office when I feel like making another hole in the wall. 

PHISH NYE Run 2017.JPG

IMG_1452.JPG

IMG_1448.JPG

Crumb-y in the good way! Congrats! (thumbsu

New signature arrivals, courtesy of Rich Henn.  I'm actually downgrading on the 125 DF to a 9.6, but the Jae Lee/Chris Claremont double signature is worth the trade off imho.  Anyone wanna buy my 9.8 signed by Jae Lee?  (thumbsu

IMG_1440.JPG

IMG_1442.JPG

Edited by mattn792

Wound up scoring a CGC Signature Series copy of Lucio Parrillo's new Vampirella cover. 

Lucio is my single favorite artist currently working in the comic market so I can't wait to get my hands on this sucker. Only 20 Signature Series copies exist (actually 30 if you include the 10 remarked versions) so I am just thankful I was able to score one in time. I tried to go back and order a couple raw copies, but they sold out in literally less than a minute. I figured it would sell out fast since it was limited to 500 copies, but I had no idea it would sell out that quickly. Lucio's popularity has really exploded over the last year.

Vampirella_11_9.8_CGC_SS_Edit_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Edited by OrangeCrush

22 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

Wound up scoring a CGC Signature Series copy of Lucio Parrillo's new Vampirella cover. 

Lucio is my single favorite artist currently working in the comic market so I can't wait to get my hands on this sucker. Only 20 Signature Series copies exist (actually 30 if you include the 10 remarked versions) so I am just thankful I was able to score one in time. I tried to go back and order a couple raw copies, but they sold out in literally less than a minute. I figured it would sell out fast since it was limited to 500 copies, but I had no idea it would sell out that quickly. Lucio's popularity has really exploded over the last year.

Vampirella_11_9.8_CGC_SS_Edit_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Hmm, squishy, veiny boobs. I like it!

Awesome day to get this one delivered by surprise. A big thank you to @Kevlar for getting my 10 year old daughter's WW SDCC  signed by Gal Gadot. I have never sent a book to a signing and Torrey made it so easy. Thank you again my friend, I can't wait  to see her face tonight.

2018-01-10-0002.jpg