• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,070 posts in this topic

On 5/16/2022 at 4:14 PM, Terry JSA said:

Picked this up from @Callaway29 and I’m happy to finally have this book. This one’s being tucked away into my actual personal collection.

DFC3E0BB-F410-4416-A86B-E20924491201.jpeg

Awesome! Such a cool book.

On 5/16/2022 at 1:41 PM, F For Fake said:

And then Saturday I went to @fastballspecial's Southern Indiana Comic Show. I've spent a lot at home lately, so I only had a couple of bucks to spare, but I found enough cheap goodness to make it worth the trip. Got this sweetheart Heavy Metal Sep '81 along with the LoSH tabloid and other mags from @Azkaban, and several cheaper books from FBS and Mike Bray and some other dealers I didn't know. I think I bought every $1 Alien book in the place. Good times!

IMG_5184.JPG

Nice haul! That November 1979 Heavy Metal contains an epic Elric tale with some storm-bringin' art by Brunner!  :headbang:

On 5/16/2022 at 3:41 PM, F For Fake said:

And then Saturday I went to @fastballspecial's Southern Indiana Comic Show. I've spent a lot at home lately, so I only had a couple of bucks to spare, but I found enough cheap goodness to make it worth the trip. Got this sweetheart Heavy Metal Sep '81 along with the LoSH tabloid and other mags from @Azkaban, and several cheaper books from FBS and Mike Bray and some other dealers I didn't know. I think I bought every $1 Alien book in the place. Good times!

IMG_6359.JPG

IMG_5186.JPG

IMG_5184.JPG

IMG_6368.JPG

IMG_6369.JPG

IMG_6370.JPG

IMG_6371.JPG

IMG_6372.JPG

Great to meet you I think we will do it again maybe in Sept if I can find a date that fits for everyone. 

On 5/16/2022 at 5:04 PM, Black_Adam said:

Nice haul! That November 1979 Heavy Metal contains an epic Elric tale with some storm-bringin' art by Brunner!  :headbang:

Thanks! Yeah, that may be my favorite HM cover of all time as well, and this is now the nicest copy I’ve owned!

On 5/16/2022 at 4:38 PM, F For Fake said:

So, it was a fairly busy comic weekend. Friday night I stopped by the LCS to pick up some funds they owed me, and while I was there, I spied this ST 126 on the wall. What's odd is that I'd bought another copy there right before Christmas, slightly lower grade. I'd later sold it while fundraising, and had immediately regretted it, especially these last couple of weeks! SO, when I saw this copy up on the wall at a fair price, I had no choice.

They've also recently gotten in a nice chunk of Natlamps, so I've been picking away at them as I appear to be the only one interested in them locally.

IMG_5178.JPG

IMG_5179.JPG

IMG_5180.JPG

IMG_5181.JPG

IMG_5182.JPG

Dreamy! :x

On 5/19/2022 at 10:30 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

946597A9-351B-4D61-ACBB-92A4AA0F3A4D.jpeg

wow, that's a super looking 2.0! Does it have some hidden defect or something? Looks like a real winner for the grade!