• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BOTTOM 10 - Worst Comic Book Movies
2 2

71 posts in this topic

On 10/26/2018 at 10:44 AM, Oddball said:

I’m not sure how much involvement he had with Sin City and 300 but those were fantastic translations. 

Minimal.  He got a directing credit for one of the segments in Sin City, but I've repeatedly heard it was Robert Rodriguez who actually directed most of his segment.

I'd love to see a batman movie done realistically.  Kind of like Boy Wonder where just a regular guy fights crime.  He has some gadgets but no cape or anything to hamper a real fighter.  He is like a MMA fighter/parkour and master of misdirection fighting.  The batman movies as they exist are ridiculous beyond all reason.  No, tiny motors cannot zip you up into the air and stuff.

I have not seen everything cited but I still cannot believe there are not more nominations for Daredevil. I fell asleep trying to watch that. I had managed to forget Ang Lee's Hulk even existed until this thread. And, because the bar is so much higher for MCU movies, I will grade on a curve and say Thor:Ragnarok was awful. Gods don't need guns. It was so bad it was as if someone who wrote comics in the 90's wrote it. 

9 hours ago, kav said:

I'd love to see a batman movie done realistically.  Kind of like Boy Wonder where just a regular guy fights crime.  He has some gadgets but no cape or anything to hamper a real fighter.  He is like a MMA fighter/parkour and master of misdirection fighting.  The batman movies as they exist are ridiculous beyond all reason.  No, tiny motors cannot zip you up into the air and stuff.

The Dark Knight Trilogy is fairly realistic, no..? You can't ditch the comical concept entirely. I thought that it was grounded in reality as much as you can possibly get for Batman properties.

14 hours ago, Readcomix said:

I have not seen everything cited but I still cannot believe there are not more nominations for Daredevil. I fell asleep trying to watch that. I had managed to forget Ang Lee's Hulk even existed until this thread. And, because the bar is so much higher for MCU movies, I will grade on a curve and say Thor:Ragnarok was awful. Gods don't need guns. It was so bad it was as if someone who wrote comics in the 90's wrote it. 

I didn't like Ragnarok either.  Turned it off about halfway thru it.     

1 hour ago, chrisco37 said:

I didn't like Ragnarok either.  Turned it off about halfway thru it.     

A little too much, and repeated, humor for a Thor film. It's still the best of the trilogy (if not for Hemsworth's dyed eyebrows in the 1st one...). Big changes for all of Thor, Banner/Hulk, and Loki was great. Hugely important for Infinity War and beyond.

1 minute ago, chrisco37 said:

That's what killed it for me.  The opening scene...I couldn't tell if I was watching a Thor movie or Deadpool.  

Ah, , that opening scene was garbage. The rest of the movie is probably an A-, though. That opening scene is cringe-and-sin-worthy. That is not how you pay homage to the relationship of Thor and Surtur.

15 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

The Dark Knight Trilogy is fairly realistic, no..? You can't ditch the comical concept entirely. I thought that it was grounded in reality as much as you can possibly get for Batman properties.

No I found it pretty ludicrous.  One example a completely crippled guy straps on some leg brace mechanical doohickeys and starts kung fu fighting. 

My version of a realistic batman would have no huge fully stocked batcave, batmobile and all the immense stuff that it would take contractors to build.  Since it all has to remain secret, him and alfred would have to build everything by themselves.  They would have to forge batmobile parts and body out of metal themselves because if anyone built it for them they would go wait a minute- when they saw it on the news.

Edited by kav

Just watched Black Panther on Foxtel.

Christ, that was bad.

Thank the lord I didn't shell out $20 to see that in the cinema.

What a waste of talented actors!

7 hours ago, kav said:

No I found it pretty ludicrous.  One example a completely crippled guy straps on some leg brace mechanical doohickeys and starts kung fu fighting. 

My version of a realistic batman would have no huge fully stocked batcave, batmobile and all the immense stuff that it would take contractors to build.  Since it all has to remain secret, him and alfred would have to build everything by themselves.  They would have to forge batmobile parts and body out of metal themselves because if anyone built it for them they would go wait a minute- when they saw it on the news.

Did you actually watch these movies..?

Despite the brace that you're referencing in TDKR, Batman was significantly held back in his fights, especially the one with Bane. It was only after his rehab in the underground prison (that he didn't undergo in Gotham after The Joker) that he was able to fight at full-function upon his return States-side.

Your second "point" was addressed via the Coleman Reese fiasco in The Dark Knight.

What you're looking for isn't a Batman movie, especially if the Batman in Dawn of Justice didn't further excite you (based on your expectations listed here) or interest you or wasn't "more realistic", considering that he and Alfred both did forge his tactical armor and work on the Batmobile to fight Superman.

So, wait, should Ra's al Ghul have just told everyone that Bruce Wayne is Batman shorty after his origin? Do you even like comic book movies..?

16 hours ago, kav said:

Just to clarify, there would be nothing unrealistic about a British butler's ability to do anything that's asked of him.

4 minutes ago, Batman said:

Just to clarify, there would be nothing unrealistic about a British butler's ability to do anything that's asked of him.

British butler-build me an interstellar space ship-

On ‎2018‎/‎10‎/‎20 at 5:57 PM, Beige said:

It's not a film - The Spirit wins that hands-down - but 'Fear The walking Dead' gets a mention.

Filmed on the cheap in Mexico - and boy does it show.

If you want to save money - film less episodes!

The biggest problem I had with Fear the Walking Dead is they rushed passed the part that is interesting: the decline of regular society due to the zombie outbreak. I would like to have seen way more fleshed out details of how things happened. Some of my favorite moments from the first few seasons of the Walking Dead are the before things. Example: the scene of Shane and Lori in the cars on the road outside of Atlanta watching the helicopters flying in and dropping napalm on the streets.

So many things that could have been done on Fear the Walking Dead instead they rushed through the good stuff and we ended up with a show like the original but with far less interesting characters.

-

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

The biggest problem I had with Fear the Walking Dead is they rushed passed the part that is interesting: the decline of regular society due to the zombie outbreak. I would like to have seen way more fleshed out details of how things happened. Some of my favorite moments from the first few seasons of the Walking Dead are the before things. Example: the scene of Shane and Lori in the cars on the road outside of Atlanta watching the helicopters flying in and dropping napalm on the streets.

So many things that could have been done on Fear the Walking Dead instead they rushed through the good stuff and we ended up with a show like the original but with far less interesting characters.

-

They did do some - but it was just so poor....

The kid raiding his school kitchen - and then leaving without his food because the Mom character found he had a knife on him....

Seeing Kids eaten at the Birthday Party across the road and still staying in the house, despite having no soldiers yet and a fully stocked car!

Torturing the only source of safe passage - the soldier, just to show us the El-Salvadorian barber was a hardarse ex-govt agent.

It was all drivel!

And don't get me started on just surrendering a fully stocked luxury high speed sea going vessel to the last 3 maritime cops in Mexico...

100% agree about The Walking Dead - the first seasons were wonderful. :headbang:

I watched Season 2 again on binge, and it is so much better.

Sophia was even more gut-wrenching coming out the barn. Lori's duplicity to Rick increased, poor Dale - and Rick v Shane.

Season 2, whilst panned for being too slow at the time, is simply awesome in binge mode.

Now look at both shows.

Repetitive garbage.

What a shame.

I honestly feel the only way forward is to combine the shows - bring FTWD armour to Alexandria, kill bloody Negan, and change tact.

Remember Zombies are the menace that made the show. Train people to operate in a military fashion and start to reclaim towns.

Make it a restoration story.

It's what 7 years later now?

They have food, Eugene can make (and teach others) how to make bullets.

There are weapons and armoured vehicles everywhere.

Take the fight to the Zombies.

Oh, and explain that bloody Helicopter. It's been flying around for 3 years with only the dumpster chick noticing it!

:pullhair:

4 minutes ago, Beige said:

They did do some - but it was just so poor....

The kid raiding his school kitchen - and then leaving without his food because the Mom character found he had a knife on him....

Seeing Kids eaten at the Birthday Party across the road and still staying in the house, despite having no soldiers yet and a fully stocked car!

Torturing the only source of safe passage - the soldier, just to show us the El-Salvadorian barber was a hardarse ex-govt agent.

It was all drivel!

And don't get me started on just surrendering a fully stocked luxury high speed sea going vessel to the last 3 maritime cops in Mexico...

100% agree about The Walking Dead - the first seasons were wonderful. :headbang:

I watched Season 2 again on binge, and it is so much better.

Sophia was even more gut-wrenching coming out the barn. Lori's duplicity to Rick increased, poor Dale - and Rick v Shane.

Season 2, whilst panned for being too slow at the time, is simply awesome in binge mode.

Now look at both shows.

Repetitive garbage.

What a shame.

I honestly feel the only way forward is to combine the shows - bring FTWD armour to Alexandria, kill bloody Negan, and change tact.

Remember Zombies are the menace that made the show. Train people to operate in a military fashion and start to reclaim towns.

Make it a restoration story.

It's what 7 years later now?

They have food, Eugene can make (and teach others) how to make bullets.

There are weapons and armoured vehicles everywhere.

Take the fight to the Zombies.

Oh, and explain that bloody Helicopter. It's been flying around for 3 years with only the dumpster chick noticing it!

:pullhair:

I just finished watching Season 1 last week and Season 2 finished on Monday. I agree on season 2: when it aired I felt it was a little on the boring side but re-watching it in binge format ( I watched the entire season over a few days ) it was excellent. A lot of tension from Shane ( miss him in the show! ). I loved how he sacrificed Otis ( realistic )

5 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I just finished watching Season 1 last week and Season 2 finished on Monday. I agree on season 2: when it aired I felt it was a little on the boring side but re-watching it in binge format ( I watched the entire season over a few days ) it was excellent. A lot of tension from Shane ( miss him in the show! ). I loved how he sacrificed Otis ( realistic )

Yeah It's great isn't it.

Funnily the Prison season seems worse in binge mode!

Season #1 was great as well - totally agree.

Hey, have you checked out the web mini-eps?

There are quite a few - one that I really enjoyed was the backstory of 'The Crawling Walker' - the woman in the grass (in half) who's bike Rick steals in S1 Ep 1

Few others - the Mexican Gang who look after the old people (forget their name) etc

They seem to keep adding them on and off - some are great!

4 hours ago, makeminemarvel said:

I tried Dr. Strange but couldn't do it.  Made it about halfway through.

everything was standard-standard villain, standard hero, standard ex gf, BLAH