• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time for me to say goodbye......

54 posts in this topic

Some of you may think that this is some sort of attention grabbing tactic. Others already have called me an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, insufficiently_thoughtful_person, and the like. It is obvious that on these boards I am an under dog and very few board members here, value my opinions, comments, or analizations about the topics that affect our very hobby. Comic collectors are very interesting people and from those of you that I have had discussions with on these boards, I wish you all the best of luck in whatever you persue now and in the future. I am sorry if I have hurt anyone on these boards as a result of my own lack of good judgement or the way I have analyzed certian posts. Again, that was never my intention. I still do not see the harm in "non-dislosed pressing" or "dry cleaning" and probably never will. I want you all to know that I have learned a lot from the breif time I spent here, but I should of listened to my fellow friends and other collectors when they told me not to join or participate in these forums. One day I probably will return, though I do hope I will have much more knowledge about comic collecting and the like. I may still post in the coin areas, as I do also actively collect coins as well. Some of you will still see me on eBay and other comic sites such as Comic Link or Pedigree Comics. I just may be that very person who happened to out bid you on that high grade comic, or I may be the personal responsible for you getting a "commission check" from Pedigree or Comic Link, due to my buying habits. Again, I am sorry for any one that I have hurt, and I do want to apologize publically to Esquire for any false interprutations my own judgement may have caused. God bless you all and I hope that you all find the answers to the questions you seek. Maybe I will run into some of you at a convention, who knows......

hi.gif

I must have missed a few things that have occurred on these boards because of how busy I have been.

I actually have never heard of you or anything about the arguments you may have had with other posters.

Either way I'm always sad to see a contributor leave these forums. I learned a long time ago not to take things on here so seriously.

So even though I don't know you....please reconsider leaving.

On these boards there are people with very little knowledge and experience in comics, and huge amounts of experience and huge knowledge of comics. Either way there is always lots and lots to learn.

And even though flaming sometimes occurs this community is one of the most friendly atmospheres to talk about comics I've ever had the pleasure of being a part of.

So please reconsider, stranger. hi.gif

Comicworm, I too hope you reconsider your decision to leave. NO POSTER owns these boards or has the right to make you feel unwelcome. It's sad that some will act as if they do own the boards or that your opinions are not welcome. Seriously - do not leave...

Joe

It sucks to see anyone leave. frown.gif If you give it a month or so, with a lower profile, I am sure you will end up liking it here.

I agree. Don't take things so personal. We're havin' a good time. I can't see your pineapple lookin' nose and you can't see my watermellon sized . We're all hidin' behind the curtain of the I-Net and speakin' how we'd like to without the diplomacy. So git yur hairy ape in heeya'.

I can fully understand his decision to leave,.....dont know if you guys realize,..but you arent really very receptive to alternative thinking individuals. I mean,..sheesh,...look how you treat me ? ? ?? !?!?!?!?

Thankfully I got a real thick skin,..and can take ALL your abuse !

Comicworm, I was nice to you. I have the sent PM's to back up that statement as well. I even advised you on how to deal with things here. I took the time to do that.

You cannot make a blanket statement about "ALL OF US".

You didn't respond to any of the suggestions I made to you. This led me to doubt you, and these "Friends who warned you about being here". I even made you an avatar (sure it was in jest) but you can't say that everyone here treated you badly.

I tried three times to befriend you. But even Mild Mannered Mica can take a hint.

Any person claiming to be who you claimed to be would have accepted one PM (let alone 3) and would have been grateful for the support. But you didn't.

I therefore slowly became convinced that you are not who and what you say you are. Many here on these boards are quick to accuse. I move a little slower in that area, and give the benefit of the doubt.

So if you want to pack it in. Fine. But don't label me.

By making blanket statements, you did.

very few board members here, value my opinions, comments, or analizations about the topics that affect our very hobby.

I think the problem here is that you give the exact same impression - you don't seem to value our opinions either, or read our posts at all.

That's why you repeat yourself constantly and rehash old news.

Either that or you just like the sound of your own voice. Again, that's just the impression I get........

I think the problem here is that you give the exact same impression - you don't seem to value our opinions either, or read our posts at all.

Either that or you just like the sound of your own voice. Again, that's just the impression I get........

Nahhhh. It's not that. We are open minded but passionate at the same time. Yeah, a little like Tom Cruise. Silver Surfer is right. You gotta roll with the punches and contribute in the way you know how. Look at Krazycat. He ran away then came back when he realized we really did like him.

Nahhhh. It's not that. We are open minded but passionate at the same time. Yeah, a little like Tom Cruise. Silver Surfer is right. You gotta roll with the punches and contribute in the way you know how. Look at Krazycat. He ran away then came back when he realized we really did like him.

When you used the term "we" above...who is it you were referring to? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif