• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Expanded Edition Lots of Weirdness!
5 5

124 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Journey into Unknown Worlds #55 March 1955 Atlas Pubs

Great contents with art by Everett, Crandall (a la Williamson) and others.

Really nice, clean, complete copy. Some minor "Marvel chipping" on right side. A little wear at top of back cover edge. 2" lower spine neat split. Smooth, tight spine. No pieces missing, tears or creases. Book and centerfold tight to covers.Off white interior pages. Cool book!

$45.

journeyunknownworlds55a.jpg

I'll take it!

OK, a Classic here...

Perfect Crime #30 Nov 1952 Cross Pubs

One of the most classic and grusome Crime covers of the era. You just don't wanna mess with Big Sister!

Pretty nice looking complete copy. Bright, clean, glossy and complete. Biggest fault is a 1" x 1-1/2" hole in back cover edge. Has a tear 1-1/4" long at top right corner. A few small lower right corner creases. Otherwise light general wear. Front cover has no pieces missing and no other major tears. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Off white interior paper. Tough and in demand crime book!

SOLD!

perfectcrime30a.jpg

perfectcrime30b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Something else from the unusual department here...

Land of the Lost 1975 Metal Lunchbox

Sid and Marty Croft classic TV show. I wouldn't know much about this. I was chasing French and English girls in Europe about that time. But I'm sure this rings a bell with a few of you younger folks. Very weird graphics with Aliens, dinosaurs and what is up with that weird Monkey Boy???

A nice, clean example with near full, bright paint. A little, minor paint wear on high spots of embossed sides. Corners are pretty nice with usual edge paint wear. Has nice original handle. No rust to speak of. Interior is a little dirty and could probably be cleaned up but I will leave that to the new owner. Probably your only chance to get someting like this here on the CGC boards!  :roflmao:

$50. postage will be determined by new owner's zip code. Won't be really that much I suspect.

landofthelostlb1.jpg

landofthelostlb2.jpg

landofthelostlb3.jpg

landofthelostlb4.jpg

landofthelostlb5.jpg

landofthelostlb6.jpg

Rangers Comics #23 June 1945 Friction House Pubs

Very cool early wartime issue full of real nice GGA!

Has a big 1" x 4" piece missing from bottom of cover. Book has seen some water damage. Staple is rusted. Book is neatly detached from the single wartime staple. Light staining. The photos tell the story. Interior pages are nice and off white. Get a great, tough issue cheap.

SOLD!

rangers23a.jpg

rangers23b.jpg

rangers23c.jpg

rangers23d.jpg

rangers23e.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Just now, Robot Man said:

I guarantee while you were watching that show, I was having a lot more fun than you!  :insane:

hm

The All American Sports Magazine Jan 1937

Cool Hockey Cover. And as per the cover blurb "You can learn all about women"...

Tight, solid copy with a bit of wear. Numerous small wrinkles, creases, edge tears and a 1-1/2" tear at bottom of cover. Has near complete paper spine. Nice, supple interior pages.

$10. (I could care less about Hockey...)

Now $8....

allamericansports1.jpg

allamericansports2.jpg

allamericansports3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

This Magazine is Haunted #13 Oct 1953 Fawcett Pubs

Wow, what a decapitation cover! Bloody and sick just like us PCH guys love. Has a decap story to go with the cover inside. Very nice, horror art and stories within. This book is a sleeper I think...

Has a 1" square piece out of bottom right corner that does nothing to mar this horrifying cover. Back cover has a small piece out of top left corner and some wrinkling and scuffing at bottom. Has some minor spine stress but book and centerfold bound well to covers. One centerfold page has some minor edge tears but is not detached just cut bad in bindery. Small date stamp on back cover for those who like them. Slightly yellowed, very supple interior paper. Solid copy of a classic issue.

$150.  I will keep it for less...

thismaghaunted13a.jpg

thismaghaunted13b.jpg

thismaghaunted13c.jpg

thismaghaunted13d.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Ghost Comics #5 Winter 1952 Friction House

Great short run that is simply on fire lately. Soooo hard to find copies any more. I'm down to one and just can't seem to land it. Great covers and art. Whitman cover I believe.

Has some light spine stress and a small tear at base of spine. A few light wrinkles and creases on front cover. Tiny chip out at bottom. Nothing that mars this cool cover. Book and centerfold are well attached to covers. Nice, off white interior paper with no problems. Bright and clean.

SOLD!   As I knew it would...

ghost1.jpg

ghost2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Tales from the Crypt #42 June July 1954 EC Pubs

Has a 1-/2" x 2-1/2" piece out of bottom cover by spine. Tiny lower right corner missing. Spine is nearly split. Only attached about about 3" in center. Has a couple pieces of tape on left side through "C" in title to the Crypt Keeper picture on left side. A couple of other small pieces of tape on cover as well. Bright color and complete with nice interior paper.

$38.

talesfromcrypt1.jpg

talesfromcrypt2.jpg

:takeit:

OK, I had this on a couple of weeks ago and got a little tire kicking and interest but no buyer. Thought I would try it out one more time before I take it to a show and get more for it...:devil:

BEANY & Cecil 1950's full color Lampshade. 12” round x 7-1/2” tall. Pictures: Beany, Wong, Hunny Bear, Dishonest John and Capt. Huffenpuff (No Cecil he was the lamp base) Excellent, un-used condition. Old store stock.

$70. postage will be determined by buyer's zip code. Shouldn't be that much because it is light but it is large and will need to be double boxed.

beanylamp1.jpg

beanylamp2.jpg

beanylamp3.jpg

beanylamp4.jpg

beanylamp5.jpg

beanylamp6.jpg