• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Expanded Edition Lots of Weirdness!
5 5

124 posts in this topic

OK, that's about all I got this time around unless, I get adventuresome and dig out some more from the junk pile. I will leave this up until probably Tuesday then send out invoices. Thanks as always, for those who have looked, commented, lurked as especially those who have actually bought something. Always fun gang...

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Ghost Comics #5 Winter 1952 Friction House

Great short run that is simply on fire lately. Soooo hard to find copies any more. I'm down to one and just can't seem to land it. Great covers and art. Whitman cover I believe.

Has some light spine stress and a small tear at base of spine. A few light wrinkles and creases on front cover. Tiny chip out at bottom. Nothing that mars this cool cover. Book and centerfold are well attached to covers. Nice, off white interior paper with no problems. Bright and clean.

$160. again, don't mind having a spare copy. Will consider trades for a similar #1...:insane:

ghost1.jpg

ghost2.jpg

:takeit: 

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

OK, a Classic here...

Perfect Crime #30 Nov 1952 Cross Pubs

One of the most classic and grusome Crime covers of the era. You just don't wanna mess with Big Sister!

Pretty nice looking complete copy. Bright, clean, glossy and complete. Biggest fault is a 1" x 1-1/2" hole in back cover edge. Has a tear 1-1/4" long at top right corner. A few small lower right corner creases. Otherwise light general wear. Front cover has no pieces missing and no other major tears. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Off white interior paper. Tough and in demand crime book!

$160.

perfectcrime30a.jpg

perfectcrime30b.jpg

Take via PM.

On 10/27/2018 at 10:43 AM, Robot Man said:

Aces High #3 Aug 1955 EC Publications

I can't recommend this wonderful short EC series enough. Full of outstanding art and stories about WWi air war. You just got to check these out.

A nice, flat, clean, tight solid complete copy. Some minor corner, spine and edge wear. Very neat, lower spine split up to bottom staple. No pieces missing or major tears or creases. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Nice, supple interior paper.

Still $25. (I love these!)

aceshigh3a.jpg

aceshigh3b.jpg

Take.

1 hour ago, JustJimN said:

Take. 

aceshigh3a.jpg

That is such a cool cover with the Zeppelin, parachutes and bi-planes!  George Evans could really do them!

On 10/27/2018 at 5:46 PM, Robot Man said:

True Life Secrets #23 Nov-Dec 1954 Charlton Pubs

What can be said about this classic cover?  A must have book!

A real nice, clean tight, complete copy. Flat with smooth very tight spine. No pieces missing, tears or creases. Has a couple small light scuffs at top left in black band. A light, thin discoloration at very top middle edge of book. Back cover Has a light 3" crease in top left edge and a light discoloration at bottom left corner. Tight, clean staples with off white-white interior paper.

$100. I'll keep it for less

true lifesecrets23a.jpg

true lifesecrets23b.jpg

On 10/27/2018 at 12:16 PM, Robot Man said:

Mystery in Space #48 Dec 1958

Weird scarecrow cover. I just have to do a "subset" on these in my Junk thread one of these days.

A sharp, very glossy, tight, clean, bright complete copy. Has a long, thin "subscription crease" down center. Has some thin color touch that bleeds through into the inside front cover in the black areas. Beautiful copy otherwise. Book and centerfold very secure to covers. Off white interior pages.

Was $20.   Now $15.

mysteryinspace48a.jpg

mysteryinspace48b.jpg

Take this one per PM

On 10/28/2018 at 11:34 AM, Robot Man said:

Adventures into Terror #24 Oct 1953 Atlas Pubs

Awsome melting man cover. Interior stories by Heath and Colan. Great '50's PCH

Spine shows wear. 1" neat split at bottom. Both staples popped. Light fade down right side. Numerous small wrinkles and creases. Torn corner in lower right at bottom.Tight centerfold and slightly yellowed interior pages. No missing pieces and presents ok in the bag.

$35.

advsterror24a.jpg

advsterror24b.jpg

advsterror24c.jpg

advsterror24d.jpg

Take this one per PM too

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:26 PM, Robot Man said:

Something else you just never see

Rocky Lane Western #27 Original Art from Fawcett pubs. Great photo cover featuring Rocky and his horse Black Jack. Complete with all paste up logos and type. Ready to frame for your tackle room!

$85. (postage to be determined based on your zip code)

rockylane27art.jpg

If it hasn't  already  sold,  didn't  see  any  announcements in  a  quick scroll.