• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chuck Got Hacked and He's Not Happy
2 2

90 posts in this topic

Whenever I feel nostalgic for the 1990s I swing by Mile High Comics. That page looks like a homework project straight out of a 2005 Introduction to HTML with CSS college class. No one was DDoS'd or DoS'd its just new browsers were confused with the site. It was more of a Buffer Overflow were the Browser just kept sending "Seriously!?!?" to itself repeatedly.

23 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

That's what people going through comics who know nothing about them feel. And that would have been greatly magnified in 1977. And, frankly...there has been more than one instance where someone looked at me, after I had given them my knowledge and expertise free of charge about their VG 70s Marvels, and acted as if I didn't know what I was talking about, or was trying to rip them off (when I wasn't even interested in buying their books.)

This happens to me all the time. It's the best. Being treated like a crook for honestly valuing books that I wouldn't take, for free. 

1 minute ago, Senormac said:

Comics for kids lol

And this one.  That's a lot of stock :whatthe:

1667005643_milehighchuck.jpg.36b13ffe5c1e6fa94d6227b56dfafda8.jpg

think of it this way-Chuck is holding onto a lot of stock which inflates the valueof all the other books out there!!!  Its like propping up a stock.  Buy and hold-

2 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

I think his site got hacked cause someone was trying to lower his prices to more realistic levels since he won't do it himself 

No hacking could accomplish that-theyre too high.  You'd have to hack at 11 or something.