• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why can't sellers get the comic packing thing right?
1 1

41 posts in this topic

Just now, gadzukes said:

I understand that, but you're selling to someone who collects the item you're selling.  Why wouldn't you try to get it to them in good condition?

It's just how those people think, same with old book people.  Comic collectors are an entirely different animal from most paper item collectors. 

Did you get a steal on the books? Frankly, cardboard and saran wrap holding it together provides protection if they claim no access to comic materials. I once got two copies of avengers 100 delivered loose in a priority mail box. Cover on 1 hot detached. I dunno if this was just stupidity or payback for me winning the auction at $2.25, but I was ticked to pay $8 to ship them like that. I think I still made $25 profit on the 2 so I did not insist on a return and this was in the era of retaliatory seller feedback.

Edited by the blob

Alternatively, I just received a package very well packed with lots of cardboard and then boxed up in more cardboard. These were not expensive high grade books but mid grade readers. Some ebayers know how to do it right. Many don't :(

32 minutes ago, classicaaron said:

I would never even think to use string so baffles me how someone actually thinks its a good idea.  like it wouldn't even be on my radar when thinking of the worst ways to package something.

Could be worse. They could have taped the books to the board instead of tying them. :whatthe:

34 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Yesterday, I got a box with 8 comics.  Every single comic had 2 pieces of cardboard around it. And then all of that was bubble wrapped. 

It was impressive.

I've had a lot of really good experiences with online sellers. I go out of my way to send messages thanking these good shippers for their safe packaging.

Years ago, I received 2 CGC comics from an Ebay seller. The books came together in a Priority Mail box. Both CGC cases were broken. They had been placed in the box with no packing material whatsoever.  The comics weren't expensive, and appeared to be undamaged.

I contacted the seller, explaining what I had received. I told him that I didn't want to return them, and wanted nothing from him. He was very apologetic, and said that someone else had packed the books, and he would make sure it wouldn't happen again.  

I spend way too much time educating Ebay sellers.

10 minutes ago, Cliff R. said:

Years ago, I received 2 CGC comics from an Ebay seller. The books came together in a Priority Mail box. Both CGC cases were broken. They had been placed in the box with no packing material whatsoever.  The comics weren't expensive, and appeared to be undamaged.

I contacted the seller, explaining what I had received. I told him that I didn't want to return them, and wanted nothing from him. He was very apologetic, and said that someone else had packed the books, and he would make sure it wouldn't happen again.  

I spend way too much time educating Ebay sellers.

Yikes....

Can't say that I would have been as understanding. But I suppose it depends what you were buying.

.....What were they :popcorn: