• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why I enjoy comics: great panels, dialogue etc...
3 3

100 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, vaillant said:

Do you have the Kirby’s "Spirit World" magazine? Here he really pushed the pedal!

I don't own a copy but I HAVE seen it. Crazy stuff. Love it.

15 hours ago, kav said:

lotta black in that image-if you get the wrong tattoo artist in 5 years it will be a blob.  A good tattoo artist takes into consideration the spreading of ink over the years and modifies image.

Yeah, my concerns about how it might turn out are one of the factors for why I haven't done it yet. I had worked with an artist who had worked out a cool way to have the tail wrap around my arm. 

The main factor in why I haven't done it yet is called My Wife.

14 hours ago, kav said:

Mammon:
wealth regarded as an evil influence or false object of worship and devotion. It was taken by medieval writers as the name of the devil of covetousness, and revived in this sense by Milton.

Thank God for Kav.
"Mammon" as related to breasts… aw, c'mon Jaylam! xD

14 hours ago, Jaylam said:

Yes, I think that meaning is already implied in the same sentence with the use of "overpriced beehive", however, "mammon" is very close to another word concerning certain female anatomy that is almost on clear display in the ensuing panels and coupled with the word "towers" it's not much of a reach to come to the conclusion of a convenient double entendre being snuck in there by the writer.

Well, we're not in a contemporary comic, with its stale jokes. Thankfully. :)

Amazing Spider-Man v2 #36 (the 9/11 tribute issue) is when I realized that comics were so much more than superhero/action stories.  Some people will gripe about supervillains crying, Straczynski's words and how he highlights that the real heroes are the ones who run to danger without the aid of super powers and how we are stronger together were all very rousing.  Especially in the wake of the tragic events of that day.

Silver Surfer: Requiem has so many great moments.  Really, each issue stands on its own, but this series of panels always stood out to me.  You get a sense of how noble the Surfer is.  How much wisdom he possesses.  And at the same time, a semblance of the humanity which he is constantly striving to find for himself again.

image.png.9f78648e36f9a026a6567c029eef633e.png

Then there's also [SPOILER if you've never read Requiem] this panel.  I just love the amount of respect afforded to the Silver Surfer.

2 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

A series of hydrogen and oxygen molecules whose temperature have been reduced below 0 degrees Celsius, blanketed over a mountain of carbon molecules.  :insane:

then what do these represent, ie "wooly" mammoths....? Wooly Bully :foryou: 

WoollyMammothFactFile_woollymammoth.jpg?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

4 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

A series of hydrogen and oxygen molecules whose temperature have been reduced below 0 degrees Celsius, blanketed over a mountain of carbon molecules.  :insane:

Technically there is no molecular carbon as it exists in the atomic state.  There is diatomic carbon but it is unstable and exists in like electric arcs and stellar atmospheres.

Just now, ExNihilo said:

There's a reason why I barely passed Chemistry.  :makepoint:

lol Ahem also mountains are mostly composed of ahem silicon oxides.

1 hour ago, 9Days said:
5 hours ago, vaillant said:

Guys, you have quite a twisted mind…

Guy, you live a very sheltered life lol

Un unsheltered mind is quickly twisted  :popcorn:

Another offering from the Fantastic Four. Issue #116 splash page. The Thing just had some great quips throughout the series. "...but bustin' things up some more might make me feel better!"

FF #116.jpg

Edited by Jaylam