• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
9 9

1,637 posts in this topic

I

1 hour ago, Hamlet said:

I can probably do it for 10-15 years at the current pace before space becomes a problem.  My plan is to then sell them as dollar books in retirement ( minus the few books I actually did well on ) at the small local conventions to the next guy like me. 

I had similar thoughts not too long ago, but the thought of lugging 20 long boxes to shows gives me agida. Plus, having to pee every hour makes bringing a helper necessary. Otoh,  neither of my kids seem to have any career aspirations, so they may have a lot of free time.

7 minutes ago, the blob said:

Jeez Louise, now I have a lot of pressure to put together a good set for the raffle. Luckily I am 5-10-50 copies deep on some decent books so I won't be crying myself to sleep giving away my only copies.

anytime you want to let loose a few longboxes at decent prices let me know. I go into Brooklyn fairly often with a kid in school at Pratt.

7 minutes ago, the blob said:

Jeez Louise, now I have a lot of pressure to put together a good set for the raffle. Luckily I am 5-10-50 copies deep on some decent books so I won't be crying myself to sleep giving away my only copies.

I picked 10th and desperately wanted your Gemini Mailer :foryou: 

BUT due to funds available to me, I went for slabs as a prize rather than raws :shy: Your prize was in my top 10 list though for sure! :headbang: 

Just now, Bird said:

anytime you want to let loose a few longboxes at decent prices let me know. I go into Brooklyn fairly often with a kid in school at Pratt.

I feel like I have bought a few from you over the years...

1 minute ago, the blob said:

I feel like I have bought a few from you over the years...

maybe, I am not sure actually!

I see all these books bought as deals, but they are only deals when you sell and realize the advantage! SELL SELL SELL!

4 hours ago, the blob said:

I foresee somebody getting a large quantity of Thor 339s.

lol

:baiting:

31 minutes ago, Brother J said:

Found in a .50 box at the latest Philly Con by the airport. 

001.jpg

I've been hoping to be so lucky! AND that is a nice looking copy! Congrats!

Is it con season already?

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well, I don't know about the rest of the country, but the airport show in Philly happens every other month or so, so there are several throughout the year. My favorite type of show, low admission and 100% focused on buying and selling.

29 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
13 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've been hoping to be so lucky! AND that is a nice looking copy! Congrats!

???

Conventions happen year-round.

ya I was aware that some do, figured it was more regional and dependent on weather or such lol but I'm not even aware of all the ones near me.... if they don't advertise here, then I don't really know where to loo to find them (thumbsu 

2 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Big dollar box sale going on at one of the LCS around me. Might venture in for a read....

I'm gonnah drive 10 hours up to Toronto to beat you to it! better rush!

15 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:
1 hour ago, the blob said:

I'm gonnah drive 10 hours up to Toronto to beat you to it! better rush!

I did!

And I hurt my knee!

TiredSlushyGrouse-small.gif

Classic! ^^ you guys buy me something? lol