• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
9 9

1,637 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2021 at 4:13 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Amazed at how mint the GI Joe is considering it was an action figure insert 

Some pack-ins are, well, packed in much better than others. Those GI Joe 25th anniversary toy comics were packaged in a way that (mostly) makes them capable of surviving shipping and storage and unboxing in pretty great shape. The opposite end of the spectrum is probably the Alien pack-ins with the Kenner toy line. They weren't literally wadded into a ball and dropped in the box, but they might as well have been.

On 11/27/2020 at 7:51 AM, oldmilwaukee6er said:

Fwiw Raising Cane's was a killer fast food chain started in Baton Rouge by some LSU grads. It's definitely something I've missed since moving north. They only sell chicken fingers, fries, texas toast and coleslaw. 

they have one in Chicago

Nothing of note from saturday's visit. the shop in question has done little to update their 50 cent boxes since the last time I pillaged. Not a high priority for them. I did pull a complete set of george romero  toe tags 1 -6 nice and bagged and boarded for $3. I guess the joe 221 and 52 week 23 are worth a few bucks. i love getting the complete series of anything though.

20210329_115427.jpg

Edited by the blob