• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
9 9

1,637 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Basically worthless at the moment, but figured it could see some movement if Lobo ever actually goes into production. :wishluck:

Ya i bought a couple, along with the cameos.

There was a 9.8 on the Bob storms I think high grade comics.com spin a wheel sale for cheap, if anyone is interested.

I think that is a decent win if only a $10 book in the future  :whee:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

51 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya i bought a couple, along with the cameos.

There was a 9.8 on the Bob storms I think high grade comics.com spin a wheel sale for cheap, if anyone is interested.

I think that is a decent win if only a $10 book in the future  :whee:

You could buy 200 nm+ copies if you’re feeling it....

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/324277407129

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

1 minute ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

You could by 200 nm+ copies if you’re feeling it....

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/324277407129

I was wrong lol

That's too much of a good, well an ok thing!:roflmao:

But it did make me chuckle, I bought a NM copy for $3 and immediately got home, it slid off the stack and dinged a corner pretty bad Haha even the backing board

In short I cant be trusted lol

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I was wrong lol

That's too much of a good, well an ok thing!:roflmao:

But it did make me chuckle, I bought a NM copy for $3 and immediately got home, it slid off the stack and dinged a corner pretty bad Haha even the backing board

In short I cant be trusted lol

The current stats on this book are bleak.

Last sale....

E7658EFD-1CA8-47B2-A971-D793AD31B018.jpeg

18 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

The current stats on this book are bleak.

Last sale....

E7658EFD-1CA8-47B2-A971-D793AD31B018.jpeg

Yes, less than the cost to grade at present. So are the cameos

And there are just so many #3's as well, I don't own one of those either, but I read the cameos and 1st full, I actually didn't think they were that bad

But the limited number you got, even if a $1 book that's not too much to store, or at least fit they could in your collection and that isnt bad (thumbsu

If DC could get the publicity or everything in order with stuff, idk I just think potential 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

17 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes, less than to cost to grade at present. So are the cameos

And there are just so many #3's as well, I dont own one of those either, but I read the cameos and 1st full, I actually didn't think they were that bad

But a limited number you got, even if a $1 book that's not too much to store, or at least fit your collection isnt bad (thumbsu

If DC could get the publicity or everything in order with stuff, idk I just think potential 

Yeah. I just read through it for the first time.  Not bad at all.

1st full story

I’m already storing worse books :insane:

Lobo label notation is always a plus these days....

8C50CE4E-097F-494E-850B-635E5B9CA3CA.jpeg

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 4/2/2021 at 9:05 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Basically worthless at the moment, but figured it could see some movement if Lobo ever actually goes into production. :wishluck:

I'd buy a stack too. But I've been waiting for that book to pop since I got my first copy in 1983 or so. Hope springs eternal.

5 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

These were $.10 a piece there is no thread for that so I put them here.

Did I do okay? lol The GL 9 is a newsstand never seen one. 

image.thumb.png.be5b35d82f678e0b0b0c7d34faec0ba6.pngimage.thumb.png.97168fd8da7503ac0b6e32a35255d77a.pngimage.thumb.png.c3ae68f83ca64a694f3138be60fc03ef.pngimage.thumb.png.a816f79861757cdc0466bbc20b129c28.pngimage.thumb.png.af7aa4351bf91155e30bebd63a0b2c2d.png

image.png

a few of the new x-men, particular 128 would probably recoup your cost for the lot lol I'm not familiar with the rest....... Interesting how many Gambit haven't ticked

like that bella donna standing over rogue, or her 1st appearance in like X-men (1990) #8, lol it's got to be relevant some year even if it's a one and done Gambit movie, it really affected in the cartoon and comics or that story did idk, I'm just speculating for fun :sumo: 

On 4/2/2021 at 6:05 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I can think of far worse spec buys...

I wouldn't mind finding some extra copies of Omega Men 37, either... I think that's the first Lobo solo story.

5 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Wow Young Guns 2004, you'll be rich when more buyers realize it's the first YA

So does that mean tmnt #46 is the first space usagi? Concept sketches aren't true appearances. Collectible but more valuable? I don't think so. My opinion, you are entitled to yours.