• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

opinion........

24 posts in this topic

Wow. If I was ever lucky enough to own such a prize (and nuts enough to sell it), it wouldn't leave my mitts for a cent under 200k.

But, ah the comics you could buy with the proceeds. cloud9.gif

But... Ah the comic you would have to part with in order to buy the rest...

action1vf.jpg

Actually, for the insane price of a high grade Action 1, I too, would have to part with it. Would probably buy a low grade copy to replace it. (along with a low grade cap 1, tec 27, batman 1, etc..)

Actually, for the insane price of a high grade Action 1, I too, would have to part with it. Would probably buy a low grade copy to replace it. (along with a low grade cap 1, tec 27, batman 1, etc..)

That's kinda what I was thinking.

The King is not dead. He has just decided to switch from music to comics! That is precisely what I would do. Exchange, via trade or dollars, snag a low grade Action 1, set aside 1K for restoration and use the rest to add to my collection. My only fear is I would have enough money left over to pay what I currently consider stupid prices for pre-code horror. And I would hate to do that for it would reinforce the current high prices, even to a small extent. ::sigh:: Life is always a two-edged sword.

Wow. If I was ever lucky enough to own such a prize (and nuts enough to sell it), it wouldn't leave my mitts for a cent under 200k.

But, ah the comics you could buy with the proceeds. cloud9.gif

But... Ah the comic you would have to part with in order to buy the rest...

action1vf.jpg

He was talking about Superman #1 not Action #1 gossip.gif

hi..

i was talking about superman #1 NOT ACTION #1..

The copy posted [action 1]is the highest cgc graded[unrestored] copyof action comics #1]..

this was the copy sold by pce in the mid-90s for about 137k...it is not the highest grade of all exsisting copies,but is the highest grade cgc has.....i do NOT own this copy..

hi..

The copy posted [action 1]is the highest cgc graded[unrestored] copyof action comics #1]..

this was the copy sold by pce in the mid-90s for about 137k...it is not the highest grade of all exsisting copies,but is the highest grade cgc has.....i do NOT own this copy..

Sorry, My mistake on the pic.

Still, I have to say, that is one sweet book...

Elvis

hi..

bumpit.gif

The link to the pic no longer works so I'll repost it.

1862392-action1vf.jpg

1862392-action1vf.jpg.9dc16318932ef1fe3d32df0acd94295e.jpg

action1vf.jpg

so where is this sweet copy of Action#1???

was this in a Heritage Auction at some point?

Peter asked about a Superman 1, so , based on the last 5.0 to sell at $80K+, I would think a 6.5 to 7.0 unrestored Supers 1 would sell in the $150K + range

gator

rick