• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this X-Men collection worth buying?
1 1

49 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Ssantoss said:

Is that the Seriebörsen collection? I've eyed it a few times but for me it isn't worth it since I only need about 30 comics from that lot. If you don't have any of them and is looking to kickstart your Uncanny collection, then I'd say it's a great deal, especially since the prices of US comics over here are all over the place. Kör på för bövelen! :D 

Dilly! Dilly!

Edited by JollyComics

4 minutes ago, Ssantoss said:

Is that the Seriebörsen collection? I've eyed it a few times but for me it isn't worth it since I only need about 30 comics from that lot. If you don't have any of them and is looking to kickstart your Uncanny collection, then I'd say it's a great deal, especially since the prices of US comics over here are all over the place. Kör på för bövelen! :D 

Heja Sverige :banana:

Yes, thats the one.

2 minutes ago, SECollector said:

Heja Sverige :banana:

Yes, thats the one.

As i said, if you don't have any of the issues, go for it! Some of the greatest stories are in that run. :) And those keys. Been trying some lowkey hunting locally, but 94-140 are hard to get at reasonable prices here. Or at all. 

Just now, FineCollector said:

That was my thought as well... prices outside the US should be stronger just because there's far less supply.  Keys will sell anywhere, but the run filler might not be worth shipping.

The market is very thin over here. Which makes the supply very limited. But the demand is low as well, so that somehow balances the equation. With that being said however, if you are serious about collecting either big(ger) keys or nice runs in high grades you have to look into the US market. You just can't depend on the local market. 

The latter applies also in cases where you want to sell. There are not enough collectors to buy top $ books and drive the market, and not enough to keep the demand up for filler issues either. Every time I have sold more expensive books, I sold to collectors in the US. The two times I needed to unload big bunches of nice bronze fillers, I sold them to a UK based dealer (the market there is much broader for US comics) for a decent price, but definitely not retail price. Filler issues don't sell to the US because of the shipping costs from here.

With that said and taking in consideration that I really don't have the space to keep another long run besides my ASM run, I am leaning towards passing on this for now. I am surely still tempted, but the left side of my brain insists that I should better invest that $ on a couple of bigger books for my ASM run.

Find another reason to make the drive and make a short holiday of it. Then ask the guy why no one else has purchased them, talk a bit about the difficulty of the market in Sweden and the hard time you will have selling the filler. Say it like you are thinking out loud.  Take out your wad of cash, wave it around quickly and put it back in your pocket and then offer him something you are comfortable with, $1750 or something like that. Then if he says no tell him it was along drive and you are going to get something to eat and think it over. Take a while so he thinks you may not be coming back. Then return and see how he feels about it. Tell him he can sell them here and now but you cannot go above $XX. Then be prepared to leave empty handed.

I would also keep the keys and try and sell the filler rather than the other way around if you are in it for the flip. Don't get stuck with a stack, discount the filler heavily and try to sell those. maybe go to a comic store and trade for something, your 50 books for one cool book or something like that.

Edited by Bird

3 hours ago, Bird said:

Find another reason to make the drive and make a short holiday of it. Then ask the guy why no one else has purchased them, talk a bit about the difficulty of the market in Sweden and the hard time you will have selling the filler. Say it like you are thinking out loud.  Take out your wad of cash, wave it around quickly and put it back in your pocket and then offer him something you are comfortable with, $1750 or something like that. Then if he says no tell him it was along drive and you are going to get something to eat and think it over. Take a while so he thinks you may not be coming back. Then return and see how he feels about it. Tell him he can sell them here and now but you cannot go above $XX. Then be prepared to leave empty handed.

I would also keep the keys and try and sell the filler rather than the other way around if you are in it for the flip. Don't get stuck with a stack, discount the filler heavily and try to sell those. maybe go to a comic store and trade for something, your 50 books for one cool book or something like that.

This is a well-thought negotiation mind game over there. And yes, trading for store credit has worked perfectly for me in a couple of similar occasions before. Great advice, thank you.