• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this X-Men collection worth buying?
1 1

49 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JollyComics said:

No MVS in X-Men books. - Marvel Value Stamp Checklist

Where do you live?  It depends on your location and the weather.  Out there, Winter Storm Diego affected many areas eastbound.

I will grab the collection at all costs.

except for the one series B in issue 97  Series B

X-Men 97 Feb 1976 B20 Mighty Thor
Edited by 01TheDude

$2200 seems high. 9.0 on a lot of those books past the first 10-20issues might require patience. A slabbed gs 1 in 6.0 and a 94 in 5.0 could only be worth $800-50. And you have to pay a chunk to slab. f you are off on either grade you are taking a hit. If the 9.0s are more like 8.0s, you are taking a hit. I would bring some tightly graded 5.0, 6.0, 9.0, and 8.0 slabs to compare and show the seller if he insists his are 9.0s. For your collection, it may be fine, as a flip I don't see that much certain upside.maybe I am nuts.

4 minutes ago, the blob said:

$2200 seems high. 9.0 on a lot of those books past the first 10-20issues might require patience. A slabbed gs 1 in 6.0 and a 94 in 5.0 could only be worth $800-50. And you have to pay a chunk to slab. f you are off on either grade you are taking a hit. If the 9.0s are more like 8.0s, you are taking a hit. I would bring some tightly graded 5.0, 6.0, 9.0, and 8.0 slabs to compare and show the seller if he insists his are 9.0s. For your collection, it may be fine, as a flip I don't see that much certain upside.maybe I am nuts.

My thinking also is its a tad high.  There's really only a few books of interest the rest dont really add any value to the sale.  $1200 would be my top offer.

7 minutes ago, kav said:
12 minutes ago, the blob said:

2200 seems high. 9.0 on a lot of those books past the first 10-20issues might require patience. A slabbed gs 1 in 6.0 and a 94 in 5.0 could only be worth $800-50. And you have to pay a chunk to slab. f you are off on either grade you are taking a hit. If the 9.0s are more like 8.0s, you are taking a hit. I would bring some tightly graded 5.0, 6.0, 9.0, and 8.0 slabs to compare and show the seller if he insists his are 9.0s. For your collection, it may be fine, as a flip I don't see that much certain upside.maybe I am nuts.

My thinking also is its a tad high.  There's really only a few books of interest the rest dont really add any value to the sale.  $1200 would be my top offer.

Imagine the cost to get them graded all the way from Sweden :eek:

are we talking $2200 in USD?

8 hours ago, SECollector said:

Thanks. I had no intention right now to grab a long X-Men run, due to limited space and since ASM is the run I collect and keeps me busy enough. But I don't want to let a potentially good deal go, since these don't really come up often here in Sweden.

I am leaning towards going and checking them out. If the GSXM is indeed FN or better as it looks from the photo and some of the bigger keys are in decent condition - hopefully around VF or better I will grab them. It will be surely fun.

Ya you said Sweden? That's a long way to get CGC to grade and slab.  

Also are we talking $2200 IN USD?

16 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Or I thought somewhere he said Sweden.... what did he mean by non US? Canada?

yep Sweden

8 hours ago, SECollector said:

Thanks. I had no intention right now to grab a long X-Men run, due to limited space and since ASM is the run I collect and keeps me busy enough. But I don't want to let a potentially good deal go, since these don't really come up often here in Sweden.

See-Sweden.

$ refers to US dollars, I assume not euros (which would make the deal worse), or Australian or Canadian. Then again, this might be a good deal in Sweden as it may be hard to put it together locally and buying it book by book will cost a ton to ship. Probably not a great deal for an American or Canadian collector / flipper, probably good for a Swedish collector. I have no idea if there is a local market there.

Edited by the blob

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Imagine the cost to get them graded all the way from Sweden :eek:

are we talking $2200 in USD?

It's not cheap due to the extra shipping costs. CGC has opened offices in London, but that doesn't change costs at all since they anyway send it to the US and back.

And yes, the price I mentioned is $ USD.

31 minutes ago, the blob said:

I have no idea if there is a local market there.

There is a limited market here, which is either good or bad depending on which side of the deal you are. Collections like these however do exist and the competition out there looking for them is not huge, which is positive. In a short time I came across two awesome collections - especially one of them was a huge bargain with many big SA keys and long runs of ASM and FF. But I wouldn't buy this specific one to sell to local collectors, it wouldn't make sense.

6 hours ago, kav said:

There is no way he would go so low - I think this price is his lowest and he already thinks that it is too low. I wouldn't post this if we were talking about $1200 - I would just go, buy it and then brag here lol 

2 hours ago, SECollector said:

There is no way he would go so low - I think this price is his lowest and he already thinks that it is too low. I wouldn't post this if we were talking about $1200 - I would just go, buy it and then brag here lol 

Why bloody not?

Edited by JollyComics

Is that the Seriebörsen collection? I've eyed it a few times but for me it isn't worth it since I only need about 30 comics from that lot. If you don't have any of them and is looking to kickstart your Uncanny collection, then I'd say it's a great deal, especially since the prices of US comics over here are all over the place. Kör på för bövelen! :D