• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoM #3 - the big surprise <spoilers>

60 posts in this topic

866578-IronMan-HouseOfM1.jpg

Good Grief, that looks like so much Image Comics crapola. I want to give Marvel the benefit of the doubt and they continue to make this lame stuff. frustrated.gif

Maybey he went to the Liefield school of Art

they've been watching too much of that Gundam anime

I want to get back to HoM # 3 and the ending that would "crack the internet in half!"

Why was Hawkeye being alive any more surprising than Gwen or Uncle Ben being alive?

This is an alternate world, so anyone dead in the 616 MU could be alive here, and vice versa.

Did Thunderbird being alive in the AoA storyline crack the internet in half? foreheadslap.gif

It "cracked the internet in half" because half of the Marvel supporters gave up on Marvel with the publication of House of M #3.

Reality?

Killing Hawkeye in Avengers Disassembled was something that Brian and Joe got the most flack about from the fans. So they think that bringing him back (even if it's in an alternate reality tale where other long dead characters have already appeared) is a way to (a) get those fans off their back ("we listened and brought Hawkeye back!")and (b) anger the people who were ok with Clint's death and think that bringing him back is pandering to the small but vocal group of Hawkeye's supporters.

Logistically, what does Hawkeye's appearance in House of M mean? Nothing.

I guess since he's a human hero that works with mutants and superhumans in a world that disdains normal humans that is supposed to be interesting? Inspiring? Some kind of tribute?

The end result? Zip. Hawkeye will either be dead again, or they'll find some kind of loophole to keep him around.

You guys are a bunch of women.

This coming from a who reads books he admits he doesn't like. foreheadslap.gif27_laughing.gif

Seriously, and I think the sales will show it - especially compared to Infinity Crisis this fall, HoM is a failure. No suspense, an old and tired storyline, so-so artwork - shall we continue?

Seriously, and I think the sales will show it - especially compared to Infinity Crisis this fall, HoM is a failure.

Not likely as HoM is a three month crossover and retailers would have ordered the last issue before seeing demand for the first. Based on the hype, they likely overordered a bit. Sounds to me like there's going to be alot of unsold copies in the quarter boxes...

Jim

I didn't think it could worst than Disassemble but this is a joke. Its official Bendis is the most overrated POS writer in the business.

Again, I thought Disassembled rocked! headbang.gif

But, I was never a fan of the Avengers, so I didn't mind watching their world fall apart.

I've already said my piece on HOM. I don't think its as bad as everyone says. Course its me against the world on this one, apparently.

I second that thought, it's not as bad as everyone says smile.gif

In these boards, I feel the same way I usually feel when I read movie reviews. The movies that critics hate are the ones I usually enjoy the most confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyway, I guess we'll be able to do a better review of HoM as a whole when the series it's over.

I've already said my piece on HOM. I don't think its as bad as everyone says. Course its me against the world on this one, apparently.

I second that thought, it's not as bad as everyone says smile.gif

In these boards, I feel the same way I usually feel when I read movie reviews. The movies that critics hate are the ones I usually enjoy the most confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyway, I guess we'll be able to do a better review of HoM as a whole when the series it's over.

Yeah, agreed. It's an 8-issue series which probably could have been condensed into 3 or 4 issues. It's not a bad thing that its 8, it'll just be a bit drawn out. But I find it odd how people complain about how bad it is when it's not even half over yet.

HOM is great... people spend too much time over analysing whats going on and miss the fact that its a good old comic book adventure not a world altering peice of literature...

Let the flames begin, I've got my armour ready smile.gif

I think Bendis has done fairly good overall...

Once again, I think I am going against most people, but I do think Daredevil's dragging too much, I personally miss seeing Daredevil in action, but for the last 15 issues, or maybe even more, it seems like every Daredevil issue features people in a dark room talking back and forth. confused-smiley-013.gif

However, most people think Daredevil's the only good thing Bendis is doing, and everything else sucks, so what can I say! smile.gif

I am personally enjoying HoM, and New Avengers a fair amount!