• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What issue/series is this Spider-Man page from?

8 posts in this topic

A very close friend of mine is interested in this issue to read. He brought this page to my attention and asked if I knew what this was from. He is interested in reading the comic story line and what lead up to this awesome page. Thanks all in advance. 

8D05FECC-8698-4FC6-894E-F7ED57CDCE63.jpeg

Amazing Spider-Man #33.  

Your friend will need to read the entire "If This Be My Destiny....!" storyline, found in ASM 31-33.  

I'd give anything to be in your friend's shoes.  Reading that story for the first time was a total game changer for me, as I'm sure it was for many others out there.  Ditko clicking on ALL cylinders there.....

@makeminemego @Ken Aldred

Thanks again. My friend was moved by this panel. Got me interested in the story and was able to pick up Marvel Tales 24, 25, & 26 and just got done reading all three books.

This story is absolutely AMAZING!!! 

Was able to find a nice graded ASM #33 for his gift. I’m also going to add these Marvel Tale issues for him to read. 

I was was able to obtain a run of ASM for my personal collection from 1-441. The second I got the collection, I sent issues 1-50 to get graded and didn’t even read them. Didn’t even know what powerful and monumental stories I have stored away. 

F1CFEDC1-B679-41D5-86E6-408C4F9C4785.jpeg

19A5B7FD-7DB1-46CF-9263-E7AF88B4C158.jpeg

5 hours ago, Haupia said:

This story is absolutely AMAZING!!! 

It's pretty much the benchmark for a comicbook depiction of selfless heroism: the driving force for his actions, and the imagery, being his extreme concern for Aunt May. 

I was a DC reader my whole life.  In the mid 70s they started rerunning the Spiderman cartoon.  I became obsessed by the wisecracking hero.  Superman never wisecracked.  I started reading and collecting spider man and he became my favorite.  The first issue I bought off the stands was 149.  I was totally perplexed-very serious storyline and clones wtf.  I used to go with my dad to CSUS and on the 3rd floor of the library there was a spiderman collection you could read.  I would grab a stack from the guy's office-it was his own collection that he let be used as library materials and read for hours.  He had like #30-150.