• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM FF26

28 posts in this topic

The book most certainly would benefit from a press (and clean). With that I think it is an easy 8.0, maybe 7.5 at worst. Let us know how it turns out.

On another look, what is that "fluff" near the bottom staple on the back cover?

Edited by Jaylam

7 minutes ago, Jaylam said:

The book most certainly would benefit from a press (and clean). With that I think it is an easy 8.0, maybe 7.5 at worst. Let us know how it turns out.

On another look, what is that "fluff" near the bottom staple on the back cover?

Its just a little bit of staple fluff, the staples are fine and original.  It is an old and well read book, what can i say...

15 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

I would be very happy with an 8 and prefer the tear over a chip...

I think its going to be another 6.5 that "presents nicely"

I like the fact that you're getting a good sense of how CGC grades. Sometimes a book has enough small flaws that it will technically be a certain grade (like 6.5) but the overall appearance of the book is so nice it will lift the grade up a bit (such as to a 7.0).  :wishluck:

6 minutes ago, Jaylam said:

It's hard to believe that these books are 50+ years old and have survived in this good of shape. 

Well, they sat in a box since 1978 in the best poly bag and backing board at the time.  All the while in a normal air conditioned home and out of the sunlight.  All of the wrinkles and damage you see is from them being bought used for about 4 bucks a pop.  Brand new books look new still

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_79f.jpg.6bd42447e4b7fb3fbf3f6b698234af51.jpg

Go look at my PGM FF29 thread, it is a little cleaner book, tell me what you think...