• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM FF26

28 posts in this topic

Back cover marks feel rough and would probably clean up some with a press, I don't want to mess with it myself.  I am a little sketchy on sending this one in because I think it will get slammed probably to a 6.5.  But still it IS a key book and would present decently.  Really not sure...

This board is always so pessimistic. This is a beautiful 26. Generally 25 and 26 were well read issues and show it. This particular issue (the ones i've seen) have a tanning problem on the outer border, something very slight on this copy.

Solid 8.5 maybe on a good day you get 9.0.

5 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

Back cover marks feel rough and would probably clean up some with a press, I don't want to mess with it myself.  I am a little sketchy on sending this one in because I think it will get slammed probably to a 6.5.  But still it IS a key book and would present decently.  Really not sure...

What makes you think it would get slammed? Is there something we're missing..?

1 hour ago, Karl Liebl said:

I am not really sure.  Overstreet lists the price as double the books that surround it though.  Somebody with more knowledge can answer better than me...

That's what I go by, too. Although I've learned there are books that Overstreet over-values and under-values, especially books affected by TV/movies/etc.

3 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

I am not really sure.  Overstreet lists the price as double the books that surround it though.  Somebody with more knowledge can answer better than me...

It's the conclusion of the first real Hulk vs Thing battle (pretty noteworthy for FF and Hulk fans). It also has the added attraction of the Avengers thrown in for good measure.

I do see where you're coming from, but keep in mind that each book is different. The FF #45 shows more spine stress and other wear that breaks color, especially on the bottom edge of the front cover.  

The good thing about books with white covers is that most of the wear doesn't break color (meaning that pressing would likely improve the overall grade). Whatever you decide, it's a nice copy and thanks for posting it!   :foryou:

Edited by The Lions Den

2 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

Ok Ok, I will send it in for pressing and slabbing next year with the next batch and we can all see what happens.  Everyone seems to think it is better than I do, no I am not hiding anything lol.

It's fairly rare when an early Marvel has that kind of whiteness to the cover and nice bright colors---that alone should bump it up a bit. It's a book that definitely appears to be worth slabbing (and possibly pressing as well). I just got a batch of books back from CCS and they did a wonderful job. In any event, happy holidays and good luck!  :wishluck: