• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baffling Mysteries #24. No creators mentioned on the label

10 posts in this topic

Why would they do that? It is BAFFLING!!! I realize that you did not ask about the creators,, but here is that issue's info from mcs.

The Sacred Fingers of Princess Thais, art by Jim McLaughlin; Jeweler Norton Cross is brought to Java by the beautiful sorceress Thai;. She sends him on a mission to reclaim three jade pieces; Norton kills for her and hopes to marry her. Scourge of the Scorpion Cult; Searching for a cure for scorpion's venom, Dr. Marston and "his lovely daughter Celia" run into a cult of scorpion people; Their leader wants to take Celia as his queen. The Phantom Snow Queen, art by Maurice Gutwirth and George Appel; Ski-jump sensation Irma Monroe has a vision of death the night before her fabulous nightly ski-jump at the New Hampshire Snowtop Lodge; She races to New York to see a psychiatrist about this; Meanwhile a skeletal phantom does all the work for her. The Menace That Stalked Brooding Cunliffe, art by Jim McLaughlin.

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

I believe @Cat-Man_America posted one a while back.  I thought it was strange and disappointing.  

Strange, disappointing and unacceptable.  The only work around in that case was having my book re-holdered.  It worked out just fine though as my PRIZE #20 came back with a better label, grade & holder.  'Nuff said.  (thumbsu

1 minute ago, kav said:

This is a baffling mystery

Also baffling as to how he was trapped, given that he has an axe in his hand and there's not much ice between him and the guys walking by.

Not to split hairs, but still another mystery would be his weapon. That's not a Viking battle axe!

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Also baffling as to how he was trapped, given that he has an axe in his hand and there's not much ice between him and the guys walking by.

Not to split hairs, but still another mystery would be his weapon. That's not a Viking battle axe!

also baffling is the clear ice, which means it was quick frozen from a boiling temperature.  A real head-scratcher, all around.