• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC 52 Big Pages (later 48) 25 cent appreciation club
4 4

151 posts in this topic

On 10/19/2021 at 8:24 PM, Silver said:

Greggy, do you have every 52 pager?

thats what she says.

On 10/19/2021 at 10:37 PM, Hudson said:

1510248157_DanwithHexDrawing(2).thumb.jpeg.16edc7a222e6da2ac019ab25598c9422.jpeg

You win the topic for the book on the right :)

I thought the All-Star 10 exists in pencilled form and a light boxed inked form. I could be remembering wrong of course. If I am right is yours the inked light boxed  or a recreation?

On 10/20/2021 at 7:49 AM, MAR1979 said:

You win the topic for the book on the right :)

I thought the All-Star 10 exists in pencilled form and a light boxed inked form. I could be remembering wrong of course. If I am right is yours the inked light boxed  or a recreation?

@kavthis is awesome work!(worship)

On 10/21/2021 at 8:16 PM, Brandon Shepherd said:

That’s a sharp looking copy!

Thanks!  It will be wintering in Sarasota.

It was 20 years between my 2 Oakland DC 48/52 page Adventure Comics CGC submissions.  It was this topic that inspired me to gather up my DC 48/52 page books for grading.

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/9/2022 at 9:02 AM, MAR1979 said:

Back after a 12 month No press Econ sojourn.

The WF and Superman were hammered by CGC. Both were 9.4's. Based on graders notes my feeling is with a good press they will be 9.6 if not 9.8 however the value of those books is such that throwing pressing fees and more grading fees after them is not worth it as I do not sell comics.  The HOM 195 also might bump up to 9.8 with a press but the expense and always present handling risk with Modern day CGC means i'll be keeping it as it. besides as Oakland the WP's are the exception.

As true with the Oakland Pedigree approx only 1/5 are WP. Likely due to the way the original owner stored. (IIRC Vinny told me back in 1998 it was in an attic).

image.thumb.png.383d22ab415e0aecefe812beab0e7440.png

One of my favorite issues.

On 10/9/2022 at 9:53 PM, Humpty-Dumpty said:

I went to Vincents house to buy some books from this collection, way back when, I think it was 1994 when he introduced this collection? I rifled through hundreds of those Oakland books that day. Anyway, beautiful book. 

Thanks -  Vinny and Carbonaro acquired the collection July 1998. Myself and buddy went to Vinny's home (actually his parents) Mid Aug 1998. We were granted early access but others had been going through Vinny's portion of the collection for at least 7-10 days prior so all books that were keys in that era were gone. Still, I did pick up a pile of comics all of which at the time were difficult, specifically the DC's, to find in high grade. Good times!

One day the Adventure 409 may even return to me? Was sent to CGC in a Mid Sept 2021 submission....

Edited by MAR1979