• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, szav said:

Orrr... and just hear me out on this one...you could use my patented one step method, and put in your max bid a day or two before the auction ends, no matter which auction site you’re using.

I assure you, I have both won and lost auctions this way, but never once paid more than my maximum bid for anything.

(thumbsu

3 hours ago, tth2 said:
14 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I guess the fact that it is the sole one and only one copy sitting atop the CGC census and QES sticker whatever it is, shouldn't hurt its chances here.  

Has the Church copy been graded, and if so, what is the grade?

If it hasn't been, does anyone know what kind of grade it would get?  Otherwise, I would never pay up massively for this copy on the basis that it's the one and only 9.4.

Since the entire Phantom Lady run was not included in Chuck's Mile High Catalogue, I would have to assume that the entire run must have been grabbed by Burrell as part of his payment to load Chuck the $2K that he needed to acquire the Church Collection.  If this is the case, it's probably locked up in somebody's private collection for the foreseeable future.  

Either that or it doesn't exist which I would find rather hard to believe, considering the Heritage archives indicates there is a Church copy of PL 16 which they auctioned off back in 2016.  hm

Well, looks like it's now only a matter of a few hours until we find out where the Top 3 books of this auction is going to finished up at.  :taptaptap:

Although I imagine the Church copy of Phantom Lady 17 is going to have a big say in that later on this week in her attempt to reclaim and snatch the bronze medal back away from AF 15.  :slapfight:  :bigsmile:

6 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

The biggest highlights ( AC1 8.5(R) and Batman 1 8.0 ) of CC auction Sept 2019 ending tonight.

Yes indeed, as it looks like Bat 1 for the Gold and Action 1 for the Silver, with the Bronze most likely being held by Spidey until he hands it off to Phantom Lady on Thursday afternoon.  hm  lol

Way behind eating their dust and sweeping up the racetrack floor will be both the rare Italian and possibly even rarer Peruvian editions of Walking Dead #1, with both of them still sitting there at the astonomical price of $1 with no customer bids to their credit yet.  :facepalm:  :cry:

Edited by lou_fine

6 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

The biggest highlights - AC1 8.5(R) and Batman 1 8.0 - of CC auction Sept 2019 ending tonight.

Bat 1 is sitting at $460k before the 3 minute panic buzzer has even sounded!

Guessing 550-600K

Edited by Gotham Kid

3 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Action 10 1.8 $37,388 

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=797001

Congrats Adam G ! This book used to be a 8.0 MP

Peter I have been waiting for my Tec 28 to show in the mail but nothing (shrug) since the book is an embarrassment for you to put on your sig line ? and I know you want blue only I thought it should be with me hm I will love it.(thumbsu

12 minutes ago, lou_fine said:
18 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Action 10 1.8 $37,388 

Do you remember what it was worth (i.e. sold for) when it was a 8.0 MP and how long ago this was?  ???

He was trying to sell it earlier this year both on the boards and on comiclink

Edited by Gotham Kid
correction

3 minutes ago, woowoo said:
9 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Action 10 1.8 $37,388 

Peter I have been waiting for my Tec 28 to show in the mail but nothing (shrug) since the book is an embarrassment for you to put on your sig line ? and I know you want blue only I thought it should be with me hm I will love it.(thumbsu

Let me find a blue first Harold :foryou:

I should have tried harder on the Billy Wright copy even before it went to auction :frown:

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Any chance you remember what his asking price range was on the book when it was still in a PLOD holder?  hm

Exact number I can't recall (around 30K) but it was less than final hammer now as a blue copy.

Edited by Gotham Kid