• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, woowoo said:

The book has to be 10k or more since I have a buyer at 10k. I think I might keep it :facepalm: scare book next to DC's. I might have to sell my other copy of Detective 27 to help with the cost:whee:

I figured a coverless was 10-12 k these days. Maybe 13-15.  10k then wouldn’t sunrise me. Sounds like a great offer 

Just got another one of those daily emails from CC and it looks like they must be getting their act together in terms of their revamped website.  (thumbsu

It's only been a few days since the end of their recent Event Auction last week and they are already starting to load up books for their next Event Auction.  So far though, it doesn't appear that they've started on the vintage GA books yet for us GA aficionados as it definitely appears on the light side so far.  :taptaptap:

Mostly BA and SA to this point in time and it would appear that somebody must be offloading their HG run of DC books since they already have a pretty complete run of Green Lantern's, Justice League, and Metal Men books in there so far.  hm

9 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

I'm guessing it will go the other way.

I agree. It's only been 3 years off the market.

Does anybody keep books of this caliber locked up for a long period anymore? If i swam in these waters and scored that book, believe me, it would be 'in the family'. 

Got to hand it to "The Dentist' and the late John Verzyl : Their high profile key books/copies take on almost mythical proportions by being unavailable and in some cases, unseen/shared for so many years. Makes the appetite and interest for them grow even more, and IF and or WHEN they do come on the market after not having been passed around hand to hand every two years, hoo boy

:flipbait:

5 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
5 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

wonder if it will sell for same price as it did on ebay when first auctioned

Do you know when that was, and for how much?

Isn't it amazing how soon we forget, especially when these 3 books got so much hype, as per usual from Darren Adams:

https://www.federalwaymirror.com/business/federal-way-business-owner-auctions-rare-comics-donating-portion-of-proceeds/

Looks like it sold for $936,233 along with a $399,100 for the CGC 9.6 highest graded copy of Sensation Comics 1 and a further $226,877 for the CGC 9.0 graded copy of Wonder Woman #1.  (thumbsu

If I remember correctly, some boardies were expecting the books to sell for a bit more at the time, considering the huge and unexpected success of the Wonder Woman movie at the time.  (shrug)

2 hours ago, ThothAmon said:
3 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

That book deserves to break a million!

1 hour ago, bpc3qh said:

I'd be very surprised if this thing exceeds its last sale--I guess the question is, how much will it fall? Margin of error, or something actually significant?

32 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

I’m guessing lower And  won’t sell because of the reserve 

Although it might indeed deserve to break a million, I also tend to think it will go lower than last time, especially considering all of the hype that went into it last time and the fact that we are also well past the Wonder Woman movie mania by now. (shrug)

Then again, Fishler supposedly has deep and long term connections in the hobby and marketplace with being able to identify potential solid buyers who are looking for certain key books in grade, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  hm   :taptaptap:

Edited by lou_fine

I'm a little surprised the owner isn't holding off until WW1984 actually makes it to theaters, in an attempt to have a little more WW buzz going around (and maybe less economic turmoil). This just seems like a bad time to bring a book like this to auction.

2 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

I'm a little surprised the owner isn't holding off until WW1984 actually makes it to theaters, in an attempt to have a little more WW buzz going around (and maybe less economic turmoil). This just seems like a bad time to bring a book like this to auction.

Well, maybe he's been reading all of the doom and gloom prognostications from our very own @Mmehdy and taking it completely to heart,as follows: :fear:

On 5/30/2020 at 8:04 PM, Mmehdy said:

I would follow my buying and selling advice above, with one correction...SELL NOW in a New York minute .

10 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Very possible. The owners are a couple guys based out of New Mexico. I saw them at a convention once and they had it there, were asking around 1.3 mil as I recall. They also own the Sensation 1 9.6.