• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

AS 8.  $806k.  Didn’t sell as didn't hit reserve. Nor did it come close to sales price of 2 years ago.  My gut tells me the reserve was a mil so if it sold the owners would get close to breaking even from 2 years ago if it hit.   The  conspiracy theorist in me says the the 802k was a shill bid.  

Edited by Chicago Boy

On 12/24/2018 at 9:36 AM, Bird said:

I have never dealt with Heritage directly but with Clink I am made to feel small-time and although I am small-time Vincent Z @ Metropolis makes me feel big. That is why my wife has instructions to deal with Vincent at Metropolis should something happen to me; when I sometimes remind her of this she says "that is the guy who gave us a tour and brought us into his office to see the stuff in there as well, right?" Handling people well makes a difference, at least it does with me.

I’ve dealt with both Comicconnect and ComicLink and am by no means a big book seller, and never had issues with either personally.

3 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

It is already up for grabs with a 1.1M price tag.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/884783

Willing to take a million after fees and break even with the reserve basically.   They dropped their asking price by almost a mil. 

Edited by Chicago Boy

8 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:
11 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

It is already up for grabs with a 1.1M price tag.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/884783

Willing to take a million after fees and break even with the reserve basically.   They dropped their asking price by almost a mil. 

Maybe if he throws the Sensation1 in as a freebie ( cause it won't sell at auction either no matter how much effort is put into the shill bidding ) the consignors will manage that 1M offer.

Edited by Gotham Kid

55 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I must be missing something. These books were offered and/or sold on eBay previously? Sorry for my ignorance 

sold on ebay in 2017

AS8 9.4 sold for $936,223

Sens1 9.6 sold for $399,100

These books belonged to Pristine Comics (Darren Adams). Same dude as AC1 9.0 white

Both were purchased by a couple bros from NM (Age of Comics)

They had the books offered at more than double what they paid. Naturally the books remained unsold.

FFWD a few years to CC auction last night.

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

sold on ebay in 2017

AS8 9.4 sold for $936,223

Sens1 9.6 sold for $399,100

These books belonged to Pristine Comics (Darren Adams). Same dude as AC1 9.0 white

Both were purchased by a couple bros from NM (Age of Comics)

They had the books offered at more than double what they paid. Naturally the books remained unsold.

FFWD a few years to CC auction last night.

It’s really a shame. I guess it goes back to the old “collect what you love” adage, because flipping is risky, and it certainly didn’t work out here

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
9 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:
9 hours ago, Aman619 said:

Just the 802 bid?? I never saw anything in between 400kIsh and 802k

Yup, from 400K to 800K in a heartbeat. :eyeroll:

Not that I'm defending CC or anything, but there are a couple of plausible scenarios how that could've happened without shill bidding.

If the max bid of the $400k bidder was $801k, then a bid by someone that was higher than $801k but less than the reserve would've immediately popped the high bid up to $802k.  Or if the max bid of the $400k bidder was north of $802k but still less than the reserve, then an underbid of $801k would've similarly immediately caused the high bid to pop up to $802k.