• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, tth2 said:

Not that I'm defending CC or anything

If any shill bidding was done, I'd say it was on the part of the WW owners, not CC.

Edited by Gotham Kid

20 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I'm finding the prices are very low, both on the books I consigned and the ones I'm bidding on.  I guess that evens out?

Its a funny way of looking at it.  If we don't laugh, we cry.

I think this is the second wave of auctions since the pandemic hit.  The first one was stronger than I would have imagined, but this one seems a bit soft, so far.  But you can never count CC out.  That extended bidding can double the gavel price.  Good luck!

10 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

WW just ain’t Supes or Bats 

Ain't that the truth! I mean if a Cap 1 9.4 isn't breaking a million, I guess it's going to be tough for WW to do, especially since she isn't even on the cover of her first.

7 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Ain't that the truth! I mean if a Cap 1 9.4 isn't breaking a million, I guess it's going to be tough for WW to do, especially since she isn't even on the cover of her first.

Wasn’t the highest graded or known highest grade like the AS 8 in all fairness. Highest graded Cap should hit the 1 mil 

28 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Wasn’t the highest graded or known highest grade like the AS 8 in all fairness. Highest graded Cap should hit the 1 mil 

That is true, this is single highest for WW, and there are 2 9.4's for Cap 1 with a single 9.8. I think the 9.8 is the Allentown hm. I don't necessarily disagree, there's no doubt that single highest 9.8 Cap would easily break a million, maybe get closer to 2 million, who knows. It's a special book. The 9.4 that sold certainly got close to a mil! I still thought despite being 2nd highest and 1 of 2, it would do the deed and become a new million dollar comic. Alas was not meant to be, just as single highest WW seems to also have that problem.

1 minute ago, szav said:

I do love the cover though, too bad it wasn't Wonder Woman In the crystal ball.  Doesn’t help AS 8 that there’s basically 3 different WW firsts mega books either.

Ohhh, her in the crystal ball is an AWESOME idea! Yeah I wish that was the case as well. And yeah, I hear ya on the 3 different firsts.

23 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
23 hours ago, tth2 said:

Not that I'm defending CC or anything

If any shill bidding was done, I'd say it was on the part of the WW owners, not CC.

I didn't mean that CC was shill bidding, just that perhaps they might not be the most diligent at detecting and shutting down any suspected shill bidding.

21 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:
23 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Yep. They knew to stay under the reserve as well 

It wasn't hard to figure out where the reserve might be, so I don't think that the fact that the high bid came in below the reserve is any kind of automatic indication that it was a shill bid.

In the past I've put in bids in various auctions just below where I suspected the reserve to be.

This Tec 29 should be restored once and for all.

det1.18297.jpg

It keeps dropping in price with each auction it finds itself in.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/889484

2016 on CC: $30,029

2018 on CC: $16,987

Started out as a 1.0

Edited by Gotham Kid

7 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

This Tec 29 should be restored once and for all.

det1.18297.jpg

It keeps dropping in price with each auction it finds itself in.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/889484

2016 on CC: $30,029

2018 on CC: $16,987

Started out as a 1.0

I remember when this copy could be had for 12k around 5 years ago. 

On 8/24/2020 at 8:45 PM, Chicago Boy said:

AS 8.  $806k.  Didn’t sell as didn't hit reserve. Nor did it come close to sales price of 2 years ago.

Finally, back from my one week vacation leave in the CGC sin bin to drive away some of the sinful thoughts that might be crossing my mind when I post on these boards here.  (tsk)  lol

Anyways, did anybody really expect this book to beat the record price from back in 2017 when the WW movie had just hit the big screen theatres and was seen as DC's big surprising and unexpected blockbuster winner which was also praised by the critics and moviegoers at the same time?  Especially when that trio of WW books got all that mainstream exposure at the same time and they also did a real hype job on them through that extended video by those 2 carnival barkers who were huckstering the books like there was no tomorrow.  :devil:  :p

Edited by lou_fine

On 8/25/2020 at 4:30 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I must be missing something. These books were offered and/or sold on eBay previously? Sorry for my ignorance 

Hey Clark;

You can't be serious here...............did you really all of the mainstream media hype and this video when these 3 books came up for sale:

Definitely not as much hype as was done for the Action 1 video, but still need to go and take a shower now after watching this video again.  :p   lol

Although I will admit that anybody can do a much better hype job on their auctions when compared to CC who seemingly expects the books in virtually all cases to sell themselves.  That is, no individual write-ups for virtually all of their books which you see with all of the other auction sites.  Not only that, but their new revamped webiste now expects their consigned auction books to also help them to sell all of the other copies that they have stashed away in their back room inventory at the same time.  So, if you are thinking of bidding on their consigned copy of Hulk 181, no worries as they also have links to the other 16 copies that they have in their inventory or if you want a JLA 8 or was it a JLA 9, they have links to another 5 copies in there for you to choose from.  :whatthe:  doh!

Oh, their consignors are so lucky to have CC facilitate comparison shopping to potential bidders on their books for them right at the click of a button.  :screwy:

Edited by lou_fine

31 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Finally, back from my one week vacation leave in the CGC sin bin to drive away some of the sinful thoughts that might be crossing my mind when I post on these boards here.  (tsk)  lol

tenor.gif.49920565ed6a60db180049806521b65c.gif