• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen - Amazing Spider-Man collection
2 2

78 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Where did he get those ASM books?  Yes, I "suspected" it.  From my experience, those people I know take advantage of generous donations to their nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation.  Those people are bothering me for years. I have one good example: the woman used the fund to support her daughter's family, mortgage and medical coverage for 35 years.  The corporation was closed down due to the swindling donations, fund raising and insurance money. No more fund for her daughter. Their house was foreclosure. I have seen too many time they mishandled the funds. Other classic example is that man was given a nice executive job and took $545,000 out of Department of Education fund for remodeling their house and paying his daughter's college tuition. He was finally caught after two and half years of mishandling the fund. Sadly, 30 years of DOE fund was expired. He pledged guilty in the court and he was fined $100,000 and jailed for one year. The historic touring theatre company was ceased within four years after lack of new funds incoming.

Anyone can take advantage of the non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation in many different ways.  I have seen that many times and stopped donating my money too.  I trusted them. That pissed me off too.

Not speaking to this particular case but not a fan of charities myself.  I've seen even the 'good ones' get abused too many times.  You got free money, and you got human nature-not a good mix.

8 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Where did he get those ASM books?  Yes, I "suspected" it.  From my experience, those people I know take advantage of generous donations to their nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation.  Those people are bothering me for years. I have one good example: the woman used the fund to support her daughter's family, mortgage and medical coverage for 35 years.  The corporation was closed down due to the swindling donations, fund raising and insurance money. No more fund for her daughter. Their house was foreclosure. I have seen too many time they mishandled the funds. Other classic example is that man was given a nice executive job and took $545,000 out of Department of Education fund for remodeling their house and paying his daughter's college tuition. He was finally caught after two and half years of mishandling the fund. Sadly, 30 years of DOE fund was expired. He pledged guilty in the court and he was fined $100,000 and jailed for one year. The historic touring theatre company was ceased within four years after lack of new funds incoming.

Anyone can take advantage of the non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation in many different ways.  I have seen that many times and stopped donating my money too.  I trusted them. That pissed me off too.

Most non-profits are in fact for-profit non-profits.  We have a new one that just cropped up where I live.  The goal is to end homelessness, a truly noble cause.  How do they plan to achieve this, well they have no real plan other than soliciting donations for their outreach program where they tell homeless people about services provided by other agencies.  They provide no services.  The good thing is they have about half a dozen directors working for them.

1 hour ago, JollyComics said:

Yes, it is very noble.

Do you know that many people have mental illness living the streets? 

I worked for the non-profit organization to help my clients who were deaf with mental illness or emotional intervention. It ran out of the money when all kids became adults. No more clients came forward. Most parents chose not to send their kids to my former organization because most insurance companies already blacklisted or backed out upon us. No insurance money came in and the fund raising was stopped. It's tough to see them go and not know of their whereabouts. Hopefully they don't live up on the streets. It will be tough for other young deaf clients may end up in non friendly sign language environment places that the insurance companies will provide instead. Not many services out there for them.

It's tough to run the non profit business in a long term.

We have a place called Bridge House that actually helps a portion of the homeless by training them to do jobs that they can support themselves on.  They focus on lawn care and kitchen help like being a prep cook so jobs that someone can learn and there is a demand for.  These are not the hardest cases which are handled by a tax payer funded organization that has therapist that try to deal with the mental illness and addiction but their success rate is much lower.  There is no magic wand to heal people.

That is quite the leap to suddenly accuse someone of stealing from a charity they are part of with no actual proof.

Rambling on about other instances where fraud occurred is not supporting evidence at all.

I think someone needs to go back and edit their post and remove these baseless comments. You can keep your meandering thoughts about charities ripping off people all you want but please do not accuse someone with ZERO reliable proof.

12 hours ago, JollyComics said:

https://www.criticalcarecomics.vegas/

He asks them to donate the comic books for sick kids.

He said "my" books for my "son".  I thought those books are for the sick kids as the donation.  I suspected that he has kept the high sought value books out of donations. Any worthless books will go to the sick kids. He may take advantages of people who generously have donated the high value books.  Those douchebags knew his business and his facebook account (Danny showed off his ASM books. His post may motive them).  He may open the window of opportunity for the scums. He may pay his price for "his" collection being stolen. They followed him anywhere. The social media is DANGEROUS! (that is how Carla Stefaniak was killed because of her Facebook account that showed where she went on her vacation spots - she became a prey at her last location. Her best friend returned home to leave her alone in Costa Rica).

46033181_2495337997151026_6329296482943893504_o.thumb.jpg.189330006ae6574a179281493fe28e00.jpg

Those scums knew where his books were at.  Keep low profile!

Remember Comic4less?  His old warehouse was robbed (I know the town is not safe). His safe was stolen with cash. Some comic books were taken too. The owner Pete told me that some of his books were recovered. Two guys were caught in two weeks after the break in. The cash and few books were gone but he was covered by the insurance. He bought the new warehouse with the state of art security systems (a different town but much safer).

Pete has Facebook account and eBay account. He has been in the shows many times. They follow him everywhere. It's STILL not safe using Facebook.

Sure, there are some self serving charities out there but it's possible he's a long term collector and fan of the hobby who has a personal collection and now collects donations and gives them out at  hospitals.  

Do you have proof of your accusation?   

3 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

I mean no harm or foul here.

There is no possible way to take what you said other than exactly what you said. This guy made his Spidey collection from donations and gave the worthless comics to the kids.

I am not understanding how you cannot see that?

3 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

I mean no harm or foul here.

Then why accuse a victim of a crime of something based on some personal experience with an unrelated business? I spend a good bit of time literally begging people to support non profits and it's pathetic uninformed nonsense like this that makes the job harder and results in good people being needlessly sceptical.

Just now, JollyComics said:
3 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Sure, there are some self serving charities out there but it's possible he's a long term collector and fan of the hobby who has a personal collection and now collects donations and gives them out at  hospitals.  

Do you have proof of your accusation?   

Flatly no.

If I caused a problem here, I apologize it.

I agree there are a lot of charities that were created more to benefit the directors than the people the charity is supposed to help and I can agree that there are a lot of dishonest people out here.  

But let's be clear here, you've accused this man of using his charity to benefit himself without proof and you've posted his picture and his web address on a very public forum so we know exactly who he is and what he looks like.  Would you honestly like accusations and information like this posted about you without proof?

29 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

I applauded him for helping those sick kids. His contribution and service are great.  Hopefully it will go in a better direction.

It's hard for me to let my bad experiences go. I am still thinking about kids that I worked with.

Please accept my apology if I caused problems here.

If you didn't mean it, then retract your posts. Dragging a guy through the mud because you had a bad experience is garbage. Your apology seems insincere and an afterthought.

4 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Most non-profits are in fact for-profit non-profits.  We have a new one that just cropped up where I live.  The goal is to end homelessness, a truly noble cause.  How do they plan to achieve this, well they have no real plan other than soliciting donations for their outreach program where they tell homeless people about services provided by other agencies.  They provide no services.  The good thing is they have about half a dozen directors working for them.

We have a homeless youth center here what they do is provide youth a place to hang out and burglarize the other businesses in the building, spray graffiti, vandalize and break into cars and eventually burned the building down.  Now they're located somewhere else.

11 minutes ago, kav said:

We have a homeless youth center here what they do is provide youth a place to hang out and burglarize the other businesses in the building, spray graffiti, vandalize and break into cars and eventually burned the building down.  Now they're located somewhere else.

Lol, Kav Kav Kav...

I was going to post the Goodfellas funny scene but I would probably get banned hehe...

Edited by Karl Liebl

2 hours ago, kav said:

They are in the process of building one where I live.  The good thing is they are building it in a neighborhood with housing prices starting at 1.5 million and going up to 25 million.  It is a great thing when extremely wealthy people get to enjoy what is typically only enjoyed by poor neighborhoods.

22 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

They are in the process of building one where I live.  The good thing is they are building it in a neighborhood with housing prices starting at 1.5 million and going up to 25 million.  It is a great thing when extremely wealthy people get to enjoy what is typically only enjoyed by poor neighborhoods.

Ha ha!!  They'll see!!!

My buddy's comic store was in that building and it was awful seeing a normally cheerful guy constantly depressed.  They tortured him, and everyone else in the building.  Nothing like homeless youths with pit bulls shooting up when you go to get in your car and seeing car window busted again-

People would come to work in the small offices they were renting to try to have a business see windows broken out all the electronics gone AGAIN, graffiti on walls-

Edited by kav