• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen - Amazing Spider-Man collection
2 2

78 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kav said:

Seems that there's an untapped market for some kind of privately run police force that you could subscribe to.

VICTIM OF THEFT, CHECK FRAUD. BURGLARIES ETC AND REGULAR COPS DONT HAVE TIME FOR YOU?  HAVE ALL THE EVIDENCE ALREADY?  THATS WHERE WE STEP IN!

That would be the A-Team, only on TV though

6 minutes ago, 1webslinger said:

That would be the A-Team, only on TV though

OMNI CONSUMER PRODUCTS!!

7 hours ago, KPR Comics said:

They cut the door, stuck their arm through, slid the latch, lifted the door.  

I don't think that would work. I have the same style storage unit door and if it is locked, it cant be opened on the inside. I was concerned someone could bust through the roof and simply open the door to exit, but they can't. My storage units aren't that far from this place, maybe a mile and a half. 

BTW- the storage unit place I use does not allow any item valued at more than $5,000 to be stored in a unit. You sign an agreement to that effect, and my insurance company limits the amount you can insure to $10,000 total, and $5,00 for any one item.

Take this to the media... It's got the hook that the News stations would want. Holiday theft. Collection meant for your son. Brazen theft. Clear images of the thieves and a license plate.

Something will happen. (Point them to your Facebook page.)

Edited by sckao

5 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:
6 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Even with a photo and license plate they can’t catch this guy? Geez. 

Agree, that the police can make out the plate number enhancing the image.. This should be an open and shut case... Those photos have all the evidence you could ask for.

image.png.2c2d5f9165f277a570dc65c42a3d4dab.png

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, shadroch said:
8 hours ago, KPR Comics said:

They cut the door, stuck their arm through, slid the latch, lifted the door.  

I don't think that would work. I have the same style storage unit door and if it is locked, it cant be opened on the inside. I was concerned someone could bust through the roof and simply open the door to exit, but they can't. My storage units aren't that far from this place, maybe a mile and a half. 

BTW- the storage unit place I use does not allow any item valued at more than $5,000 to be stored in a unit. You sign an agreement to that effect, and my insurance company limits the amount you can insure to $10,000 total, and $5,00 for any one item.

I agree. The way that is cut-- it almost looks like the door was flexible enough that you could have someone slip inside the unit-- pass out boxes etc through the opening, then climb back out. Seems easier to just cut off the lock but those can be tough if they are the the circular kind

image.png.bf71badce891b53313f2cc96a7848ea5.png

but the main point is that pulling the latch over from the inside doesn't make the metal locks from the outside suddenly ineffective-- that latch is still locked.

1 hour ago, sckao said:

Take this to the media... It's got the hook that the News stations would want. Holiday theft. Collection meant for your son. Brazen theft. Clear images of the thieves and a license plate.

Something will happen. (Point them to your Facebook page.)

This.  If the police won't do anything - shame on them - get it out on facebook, comic book stores, on the news, anywhere that'll help lift the rock off these creeps and make it difficult for them to sell the comics.

Pics of the better individual comics and any identifying defects on the books would help.

17 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

I agree. The way that is cut-- it almost looks like the door was flexible enough that you could have someone slip inside the unit-- pass out boxes etc through the opening, then climb back out. Seems easier to just cut off the lock but those can be tough if they are the the circular kind

image.png.bf71badce891b53313f2cc96a7848ea5.png

but the main point is that pulling the latch over from the inside doesn't make the metal locks from the outside suddenly ineffective-- that latch is still locked.

very easy to pick or use bump key on them disc locks.  Youtube has plenty of tutorials.

I had a storage shed that was robbed several years back while living in Albuquerque.  We were robbed on Jan 3rd and we were the 100th robbery so far that year (Albuquerque is a cesspool).  The cops flat out told us they would never find our stuff, most they could downs fill out a report for us to file with our insurance.  I told the cops I had a real good lock on it.  He said "yeah those are the ones they like the best.  Crooks come in a facility, pull the numbers off the locks and come back with keys for them".

Edited by batman_fan

42 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

https://www.criticalcarecomics.vegas/

He asks them to donate the comic books for sick kids.

He said "my" books for my "son".  I thought those books are for the sick kids as the donation.  I suspected that he has kept the high sought value books out of donations. Any worthless books will go to the sick kids. He may take advantages of people who generously have donated the high value books. 

Where exactly did you find out that he was taking the good books from donations for himself?

1 minute ago, Park said:

Where exactly did you find out that he was taking the good books from donations for himself?

I think he meant that he "suspected" that is what he was doing, not that he actually knew for a fact.  Hard to prove unless someone comes forward with proof, but, not out of the realm of possibility.

And yes, I have an alibi.

1 minute ago, aszumilo said:
4 minutes ago, Park said:

I think he meant that he "suspected" that is what he was doing, not that he actually knew for a fact.  Hard to prove unless someone comes forward with proof, but, not out of the realm of possibility.

That is a tremendous accusation to make regarding someone that looks to spend a decent amount of his time at the hospital with sick kids.