• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something something something
3 3

Something something something  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Something something something

• This thread is a poll about something
    • This thread is a poll about something

72 posts in this topic

Just now, jsilverjanet said:
2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

83% in favour seems a bit on the low side.

I've never subscribed to the "if you don't have anything nice" model of thought so why does the poll not have a "no" option?

The poll was changed. It is not the original poll, nor the original choices.

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

The poll was changed. It is not the original poll, nor the original choices.

interesting...

didn't we once have a poll also, and you won if I recall correctly

48 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

it would seem inconceivable that a previous winner could win the award again ,, where would it end..??..

that being said ,.. nobody is more deserving of forumite of the year than Kav

don't sell yourself short

I didn't realize it was still Friday, lol.

You can't win twice, no one would want to win twice, it's a lovely honor but those plaques are heavy;) Someone could write a great murder mystery..."Death in the comic cave!"

In any case the Admins decide who gets the awards, it's not a vote thingy.  A Happy and Healthy New Year everyone.

@kav  I'm not familiar with the real person you want to win the award, but you seem to have some good reasons, so perhaps you  could pm Dena and make a suggestion.

BTW, I DO believe in trying to say something nice if possible, so of course the wishes include everyone who posted.

8 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

I think it might be based on post count or positive upticks-- who knows really.

In the end-- not a big deal and whoever does get it deserves it.

I don't think post counts have anything to with it. How much of this stuff is dribble anyway, and that includes me. Lots of stuff goes on around here that flies under the radar, and never is brought up or talked about because some people do not want to attract attention or a pat on the back. There are lots of good people on here, and some very generous ones. Lot's of it never gets mentioned.

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

I didn't realize it was still Friday, lol.

You can't win twice, no one would want to win twice, it's a lovely honor but those plaques are heavy;) Someone could write a great murder mystery..."Death in the comic cave!"

In any case the Admins decide who gets the awards, it's not a vote thingy.  A Happy and Healthy New Year everyone.

@kav  I'm not familiar with the real person you want to win the award, but you seem to have some good reasons, so perhaps you  could pm Dena and make a suggestion.

BTW, I DO believe in trying to say something nice if possible, so of course the wishes include everyone who posted.

Well I initially nominated James Johnson-that guy has been tireless and got action on the JIM 83 switched labels guy among other investigations he has conducted on his own initiative.  

2 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I don't think post counts have anything to with it. How much of this stuff is dribble anyway, and that includes me. Lots of stuff goes on around here that flies under the radar, and never is brought up or talked about because some people do not want to attract attention or a pat on the back. There are lots of good people on here, and some very generous ones. Lot's of it never gets mentioned.

I PM the mods and DENA constantly about my good deeds/actions/thoughts etc but for some reason year after year its goose egg.

Edited by kav

Just now, kav said:

Well I initially nominated James Johnson-that guy has been tireless and got action on the JIM 83 switched labels guy among other investigations he has conducted on his own initiative.  

Did he do it to get attention? You know, like that jerk who gives away art to get credit?