• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
20 20

2,526 posts in this topic

Just added this to the bookshelf.  It's one of the very few series I go back to and read from time to time.  I sold off the original comics awhile ago but I liked the series. 

New on Amazon for $23.  I was pleased.

image.thumb.png.e69da80b445d0e4c2cfc7fd71ac505e3.png

On 7/3/2024 at 11:40 PM, Buzzetta said:

Just added this to the bookshelf.  It's one of the very few series I go back to and read from time to time.  I sold off the original comics awhile ago but I liked the series. 

New on Amazon for $23.  I was pleased.

image.thumb.png.e69da80b445d0e4c2cfc7fd71ac505e3.png

I'm intrigued by these cheap compact editions: https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=60067925

On 7/4/2024 at 9:31 PM, Ryan. said:

I'm intrigued by these cheap compact editions: https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=60067925

Definitely missing something.  There seems to be around a 30 page difference between the two. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 7/5/2024 at 11:13 AM, Buzzetta said:

Definitely missing something.  There seems to be around a 30 page difference between the two. 

Probably whatever extras are included in the deluxe edition. I'm assuming the compact editions are pretty bare bones. I just bought the Far Sector compact edition for $6.95 on MyComicShop. Seems like a cheap way to read an entire story I'm interested in. I'm interpreting these editions as DC's attempt to attract the Manga market. 

On 5/30/2024 at 5:11 AM, Cat said:

Bleeding Cool states its been confirmed to Rich that both the DC/Marvel omnibuses are a 1 time print deal. There'll never be a second printing. 

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/one-printing-dc-marvel-crossover-omnibuses/

Are you buying both of them?  Where would be the best place to preorder for the best price?  

On 7/6/2024 at 4:02 AM, WolverineX said:

Are you buying both of them?  Where would be the best place to preorder for the best price?  

My LCS could use a few bucks, and they get all my monthly books, but not my omnibuses and such. So I've decided to do the unthinkable and go through them for them. They've been super appreciative, and it makes me feel better than having my money funnelled overseas to wherever Amazon and the like sends it. 

Bonus: they let me pick which covers I wanted. I know they're not his best pieces, but mediocre Jim Lee art is still above what most artists can produce.