• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,492 posts in this topic

On 4/22/2024 at 12:01 PM, F For Fake said:

I'm looking forward to revisiting Micronauts, but I'm going to hold out for a sale price. With four covers, and I'd assume a similar audience appeal to the Rom omnibus, I'm hopeful that it'll hit 50-60% off at some point. I have so many other books on my wish list, I'm not in a hurry. The Golden art looks fantastic, of course.

Similar to you, I'm now expecting the title to eventually drop in price (esp. with four variants). What I did is first purchase the digital version to read on kindle/iPad. I'm starting to like digital for everything (too bad we don't get both for one price). If it never drops, I have the material. I also have the Michael Golden AE edition, which is very difficult to get now. And I'm sure many of the omni readers are kicking themselves for missing it.

@MagnusX and anyone else that purchased the Moon Knight By Huston Omni, can you please do me a quick favour, and check your copies for me? Go to The Bottom #6, the opening pages of the story. Is your text on those pages out of register? Because mine is, badly, and I just want to make sure they're not all like that before I get a replacement organised from Amazon.

Thank you, and here's what mine looks like. 

20240430_025634.thumb.jpg.cd543664eead628e90bc729dbf8e88e0.jpg20240430_025705.thumb.jpg.a934183fe36b647f75f5b33ccde68fe3.jpg

On 4/29/2024 at 1:40 PM, Cat said:

@MagnusX and anyone else that purchased the Moon Knight By Huston Omni, can you please do me a quick favour, and check your copies for me? Go to The Bottom #6, the opening pages of the story. Is your text on those pages out of register? Because mine is, badly, and I just want to make sure they're not all like that before I get a replacement organised from Amazon.

Thank you, and here's what mine looks like. 

20240430_025634.thumb.jpg.cd543664eead628e90bc729dbf8e88e0.jpg20240430_025705.thumb.jpg.a934183fe36b647f75f5b33ccde68fe3.jpg

Hello Cat.

My book is fine. don't show that problem.

I think I am done ordering Omnis from Amazon. Not only is the packaging (they toss the book in a box without any protectant around it) from Amazon subpar, but it is the same even with the 3rd party sellers that they have sending these books as brand new. I received SIKTC HC Vol. 1 and the clown placed the book in a polymailer that doesn't have any bubble wrap inside it. Couldn't even place it in a box, the top of the slipcase is damaged. I have to return this today.

Then I ordered Invincible Library Vol. 2, this guy places is in a homemade gemini mailer. It gets here without any damage, but after I asked their support at GoodReads (where I bought it from on Amazon) if this was the 2024 2nd printing, they tell me yes it is. I get it and this thing is the first printing, doesn't even match Vol. 1.

I just went back to organic priced books and ordered from there. Guess I should just stick with them or cheap graphic novels, at least they package these books like a tank.

Just very annoying that these sellers do not ship these books out properly.

Edited by captainzombie

On 4/30/2024 at 11:24 PM, MagnusX said:

Hello Cat.

My book is fine. don't show that problem.

Thanks mate. Already had someone from Reddit confirm it too. Amazon are organising to get me a new copy at the same price, which is good of them, as it's gone up over a hundred dollars since I bought it. I have to let them know when it ships, and they'll refund me the $113AU difference, which is good of them. 

I am disappointed though, as this is the book I was going to read to help me while I deal with the loss of my beloved cat, Chloe, but now I can't, as my copy simply has too many errors. It bugs me. I've moved on to Absolute Doomsday Clock. 

On 4/30/2024 at 10:01 AM, captainzombie said:

I think I am done ordering Omnis from Amazon. Not only is the packaging (they toss the book in a box without any protectant around it) from Amazon subpar, but it is the same even with the 3rd party sellers that they have sending these books as brand new. I received SIKTC HC Vol. 1 and the clown placed the book in a polymailer that doesn't have any bubble wrap inside it. Couldn't even place it in a box, the top of the slipcase is damaged. I have to return this today.

Then I ordered Invincible Library Vol. 2, this guy places is in a homemade gemini mailer. It gets here without any damage, but after I asked their support at GoodReads (where I bought it from on Amazon) if this was the 2024 2nd printing, they tell me yes it is. I get it and this thing is the first printing, doesn't even match Vol. 1.

I just went back to organic priced books and ordered from there. Guess I should just stick with them or cheap graphic novels, at least they package these books like a tank.

Just very annoying that these sellers do not ship these books out properly.

Amazon really is a shoot. I haven't ordered any oversized books from them for years, but when I do, I only buy via Amazon themselves, and not the third party sellers, as I find their condition descriptions and packaging practices to be wildly inconsistent. I was burned way too many times on "new" books that arrived anything but.

I will sometimes still grab standard sized hardcovers from Amazon, as they sometimes beat the prices of the comic sites, and they generally arrive in decent shape. The lighter the books, the less chance of them damaging themselves. They just aren't taking the time/precautions to package those enormous tomes correctly.

So yeah, for me it's IST first (usually the best price, free shipping over $50, great packaging, and I usually have a 2% repeat customer discount running), CGN (good packaging, oftentimes still have stock on books that IST may have sold out of, but shipping is $7.99 so gotta factor that in), and on occasion have used OGN for books that are sold out at the other two. It's no knock on OGN, they pack VERY well, and are particular about the condition of their books to begin with, but the prices are usually a little bit higher than the other guys, so they're usually third choice for me. Oh, and MCS is actually a solid choice as well for collections, though their stock doesn't seem to be as deep as the other sellers who specialize in collected editions. But I've never been disappointed with price or packaging from MCS when they had what I wanted in stock. (For "regular" comics and slabs, MCS is still my top choice.)

Amazon and Target, if they have a sale going (B2G1) will sometimes get my money, but I'm always holding my breath when the package arrives.

On 4/30/2024 at 12:38 PM, F For Fake said:

Amazon really is a shoot. I haven't ordered any oversized books from them for years, but when I do, I only buy via Amazon themselves, and not the third party sellers, as I find their condition descriptions and packaging practices to be wildly inconsistent. I was burned way too many times on "new" books that arrived anything but.

I will sometimes still grab standard sized hardcovers from Amazon, as they sometimes beat the prices of the comic sites, and they generally arrive in decent shape. The lighter the books, the less chance of them damaging themselves. They just aren't taking the time/precautions to package those enormous tomes correctly.

So yeah, for me it's IST first (usually the best price, free shipping over $50, great packaging, and I usually have a 2% repeat customer discount running), CGN (good packaging, oftentimes still have stock on books that IST may have sold out of, but shipping is $7.99 so gotta factor that in), and on occasion have used OGN for books that are sold out at the other two. It's no knock on OGN, they pack VERY well, and are particular about the condition of their books to begin with, but the prices are usually a little bit higher than the other guys, so they're usually third choice for me. Oh, and MCS is actually a solid choice as well for collections, though their stock doesn't seem to be as deep as the other sellers who specialize in collected editions. But I've never been disappointed with price or packaging from MCS when they had what I wanted in stock. (For "regular" comics and slabs, MCS is still my top choice.)

Amazon and Target, if they have a sale going (B2G1) will sometimes get my money, but I'm always holding my breath when the package arrives.

It really is with Amazon. I've had omnibi come without an issue and then I've had ones with damage that could of been prevented. Usually if they are much cheaper than OPB and CGN, I will go with Amazon, but if the prices of the other two are close, I just pick one or the other. Agreed that the lighter the books, there is much less damage you will have to deal with.

On 5/3/2024 at 6:50 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

That is absolutely amazing. Wow!

I know. The absolute last thing I expected. And I never put pressure on or even asked. We were completely cordial with each other. It's weird, but good weird. I absolutely appreciate it.