• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,491 posts in this topic

Alright, GL by Johns volume 1 arrived today, and volume 2 arrived last week. Volume 3's still in transit but I'd say we're ready to party! Time for a reread (conveniently, I stopped following the books right where volume 2 finishes. So volume 3 is all-new material for me. That works out really well.) 

I guess the gods at Marvel heard our cries, it appears that USM vol. 2 Omni is getting another reprint and slated to come out in May. Sucks it is many months away, but I had missed getting this when it released and then sold out yet again.

I placed my order in immediately yesterday, going to laugh now how much it will tank the resale market on these since people were charging close to $300 for the earlier prints.

https://cheapgraphicnovels.com/ultimate-spider-man-omnibus-vol-02-hc-bagley-issue-50-cvr-pre-order-.html

Time to embarrass myself. I've run out of Brodarts, and I can't remember what size and the other details I need for omnibus size ones. Does anyone happen to have this information please? And where is the cheapest and most reliable place to order them from, that will ship to Australia? Iirc last time I ordered them it was from Block. I go for the non-stick ones (are there even still sticky ones? I don't remember, but I don't want them, just the regular clear plastic, paper-backed ones). 

Thanks! 

With the arrival of volume 3 today, I now have all 3 of the Green Lantern by Geoff Johns omnibuses. I'm nearly halfway through the first, and loving it (though as I said, none of this material is new to me, except the Wizard special 1/2 issue) and can't wait to get to Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night, and volume 3, the new material for me. Until then I'm enjoying the character development, and enjoying seeing more of Kyle than I remembered. That's a treat. I so wish Mattel had made his Jim Lee costume he wears during Rebirth and the beginning of this run, instead of the later costume, and then the original costume, but with the newer Corps logo. I'd have gladly taken Jim Lee costume and original costume with original Kyle logo. Oh well. 

First, my apologies if this is the wrong thread for this or if it’s been discussed at a much earlier date. 

I just grabbed a copy of this off eBay because I haven’t seen one come up before, can’t find any sales for it, and it was a good price. I also suspect it was mis-titled.

It’s the Direct Market variant of Marvel Masterworks Avengers Vol. 06 (DM VAR ED 70) from 2014. I know this cover is out of print, but is it hard to find? Usually, eBay or Amazon has a copy of a book, but I wasn’t able to turn up anything when searching for it. 

IMG_7552.thumb.jpeg.4fe626e49330ca46330dafb8768e91ba.jpeg

Just got Green Lantern Corps omnibus at a GREAT price. Normally $340, got it for $153 and free shipping, which was another 20 bucks. This was next on my list anyway, I just moved it up a bit, time wise. So much good stuff to read, so little time. Aaaaargh! 

On 3/3/2024 at 8:39 AM, awakeintheashes said:

First, my apologies if this is the wrong thread for this or if it’s been discussed at a much earlier date. 

I just grabbed a copy of this off eBay because I haven’t seen one come up before, can’t find any sales for it, and it was a good price. I also suspect it was mis-titled.

It’s the Direct Market variant of Marvel Masterworks Avengers Vol. 06 (DM VAR ED 70) from 2014. I know this cover is out of print, but is it hard to find? Usually, eBay or Amazon has a copy of a book, but I wasn’t able to turn up anything when searching for it. 

IMG_7552.thumb.jpeg.4fe626e49330ca46330dafb8768e91ba.jpeg

The picture shown is of the trade paperback version from 2014. The trade paperback line ran 2009-2015, and indeed, they had variants like this. I don't know if they're particularly valuable, but you don't see them often.

The cover of the hardcover Marvel Masterworks Avengers 6/70 has different artwork, as shown below, both the silver mainline covers, and DM variant. There's also another trade reprint series with the artwork shown in the third cover below, as well as a silver trade version from Barnes and Noble, IN ADDITION TO the Mighty Marvel Masterworks, with yet ANOTHER cover. Phew! SO, it can be very confusing, as there are several different collected versions of this material running around out there, with a variety of covers! Why does the trade version have different artwork from the hc version? Who knows, it's odd, I'd say the version you have is the better cover for sure. Avengers King Size Special 2 is a very cool cover, for sure, but Avengers 57, with the first appearance of Vision, is an all time classic!

A1ghN2uHbOL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

download.jpg

bc007005-a940-45f5-a20d-ee17393ea78d.jpg

On 3/4/2024 at 9:51 AM, F For Fake said:

The picture shown is of the trade paperback version from 2014. The trade paperback line ran 2009-2015, and indeed, they had variants like this. I don't know if they're particularly valuable, but you don't see them often.

The cover of the hardcover Marvel Masterworks Avengers 6/70 has different artwork, as shown below, both the silver mainline covers, and DM variant. There's also another trade reprint series with the artwork shown in the third cover below, as well as a silver trade version from Barnes and Noble, IN ADDITION TO the Mighty Marvel Masterworks, with yet ANOTHER cover. Phew! SO, it can be very confusing, as there are several different collected versions of this material running around out there, with a variety of covers! Why does the trade version have different artwork from the hc version? Who knows, it's odd, I'd say the version you have is the better cover for sure. Avengers King Size Special 2 is a very cool cover, for sure, but Avengers 57, with the first appearance of Vision, is an all time classic!

A1ghN2uHbOL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

download.jpg

bc007005-a940-45f5-a20d-ee17393ea78d.jpg

Thanks. Yeah, every copy of the paperback that I've seen has been of the third image you posted, and the hardcovers seem to be pretty readily available. Definitely kinda confusing with so many different versions of the same collected work. Probably one of the reasons they ended it. 

I can get the DCeased deluxe edition for a good price at the moment. Is it worth it? I know absolutely nothing about it, other than I think it's their version of Marvel Zombies, basically. 

Can someone please give me some info and a yes/no recommendation before I drop $60?

On 3/5/2024 at 7:43 PM, Cat said:

I can get the DCeased deluxe edition for a good price at the moment. Is it worth it? I know absolutely nothing about it, other than I think it's their version of Marvel Zombies, basically. 

Can someone please give me some info and a yes/no recommendation before I drop $60?

DC comics are < 5% of what I read. I've read the first 2 DCeased TPBs and I've enjoyed them. I have a couple more to read still.

On 3/5/2024 at 9:43 PM, Cat said:

I'm assuming that they'll eventually release an omnibus with all of the various spinoffs included. Of course, that could be a while, and nothing is guaranteed, but I didn't like it enough that I can't wait.

Omar has launched the Marvel Epic Collections reprint poll, runs for a week, I believe.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdVtIFWrRfJo1QkIYNkra1qFMmSySpeCuR4JjuEnaA7izZN4g/viewform

If you need some ideas of what to vote for, I could really use Daredevil 14,16,20,21, and Avengers Fear the Reaper. NOT THAT I'M TRYING TO SWAY YOUR OPINION! :cough: :shiftyeyes:

On 3/7/2024 at 4:38 PM, MisterX said:

Voted!

I find it interesting that the first Master of Kung Fu epic collection wasn't up for a vote to be reprinted.

My understanding with MoKF is that there are copyright issues with some of the characters like Fu Manchu, so we're unlikely to get any reprints for some time. 

I've got to stop doing this. Aquaman by Geoff Johns omnibus was on sale for $85 shipped from $180 plus shipping. I couldn't say no to that, so I bought a copy. No more purchases for me. This is getting ridiculous. Gah! 

I know next to nothing about the book though, other than I love both Johns and Reis, and I loved Mera during Blackest Night. I really thought she was going to be the next big thing. Still sad that never came to be. 

I've started collecting the Spawn Origins Collection Hardcovers. These are really nice. I do see that a new volume is coming out in May, but they do not seem to be coming out fast enough to get caught up with the current series.

On 3/11/2024 at 4:07 PM, Cat said:

I've got to stop doing this. Aquaman by Geoff Johns omnibus was on sale for $85 shipped from $180 plus shipping. I couldn't say no to that, so I bought a copy. No more purchases for me. This is getting ridiculous. Gah! 

I know next to nothing about the book though, other than I love both Johns and Reis, and I loved Mera during Blackest Night. I really thought she was going to be the next big thing. Still sad that never came to be. 

My recollection is that this was one of the better New 52 titles, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Haven't read the series since they came out in floppies, but it was a good read with really lovely art. If I recall, I liked it enough to buy some art as well, though it's long since sold. I also read the spin-off, Aquaman and the Others, which was...not as good, but the main series was good enough to persuade me to try it, which is saying something. Johns is, in my estimation, pretty solid. Even his lesser books are entertaining. I bet you'll enjoy it.

On 3/12/2024 at 10:56 PM, F For Fake said:

My recollection is that this was one of the better New 52 titles, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Haven't read the series since they came out in floppies, but it was a good read with really lovely art. If I recall, I liked it enough to buy some art as well, though it's long since sold. I also read the spin-off, Aquaman and the Others, which was...not as good, but the main series was good enough to persuade me to try it, which is saying something. Johns is, in my estimation, pretty solid. Even his lesser books are entertaining. I bet you'll enjoy it.

Oh that's good, as while Johns is one of my favourite writers, I'm not exactly big on Aquaman (though I do like what little I've seen of Mera in Blackest Night and Brightest Day, and am looking forward to more of her, she's a great character under Johns) so I really hope this is the something special I've heard it talked up as. Hearing you say that really reassures me, as your opinion hasn't let me down yet.