• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oldest book in your collection?

55 posts in this topic

Hello all,

What is the oldest book in your personal collection? It doen't have to be the most expensive book or the book in best condition. I just wanted to know which book is the oldest. Mine is FF #16 from 1963.

I know.... I know..... not very old, but it's the oldest book in my collection.

John

Some early 40s golden age books. Not sure which one exactly would be earliest. Used to have a Calgary eye-opener with Barks art from 1933, if that counts.

Dan

I think my oldest would be:Spirit Section (December 14th, 1941):

Image Hosting by auctionwatch.com

Click image to view larger version

Low cost image hosting and simple one page listing form: AuctionWatch

It's in great shape for a flimsy, 60+ year old promo comic. Other than that I think I've got some Wonder Womans or Detectives which were published around 1943/44. Maybe I'll pull and scan them later.

The oldest comic I own right now would be a Congo Bill#3, but the book I've had the longest is a 3-D Batman given to me sans glasses in 1966. Took me over 10 years to get to enjoy it fully. I've sold many,many comics over the years but hopefully will always keep this one.

Shadroch; if you want to get a copy of those 3D glasses try and find the 1990 DC COMIC PRESENTS BATMAN 3D. It has the reproduction of the glasses your missing.

Now back on sbject. My oldest is DETECTIVE COMICS #1. My favorite oldest is Detective Comics #33.