• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whats the best scanner to use for slabbed books

61 posts in this topic

FFB's scanner is great, but it comes with the fax. printer, coffe maker, all that [embarrassing lack of self control] I don't need. I've noticed the scans on COMICLINK are great as well (at least the "in house" books i'm assuming) I'd like to know what he uses.

Can anyone direct him to this link?

Mike

BTW, I've cut/pasted a bunch of the scans of slabs on my site. Don't particularly care for how it looks. I also wonder if people are skeptical of whether the label actuall is for the book displayed

Geez, people, let the man breath!

It just doesn't look good. It ruins the classic lines of the helmet/faceplate.

If he's smart enough to invent collapsable armor, he's smart enough to invent a breathing apparatus with his armor.

sumo.gif

*BUMP*

I was doing a search on what is the best scanner to buy and came across this thread. What scanner did you end up getting? What does CGC use? Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

I'd second the vote for the HP3570, if you are on a tight budget. I think their price is now down to $89 or so. To make a single complete image of a slab, simply scan the book and label separately and then cut and paste them back together again in Photoshop, like so:

JIM120.jpg

I have a Hewlett Packard 7400c which is perfect for doing scans, as it scans 8 1/2 by 14. Unfortunately this model has been discountinued, but i purchased mine on Ebay, for a cheap price. Now if only knew how to post my books on the forum.

Oh that one is easy. You can upload your scans to picshome.com. To add them to the your post. When you post use reply, don't use quick reply. There is a little section to the bottom right that says instant UBB code. click on that link and put in the url that picshome.com gives you. Hope this helps.