• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the best way to display CGC graded books?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, 

I have a few CGC books in my collection and I'm looking for some good ideas in terms of displaying them in my home. So I thought I would ask for some suggestions and see if anyone wanted to share pictures of how they have displayed their own CGC collection. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, 

-RKSM 

1404287489_41wlIgkuFL.jpg.5ef1fafb2f33447f7a5be4ffe34be264.jpg

These racks are supposed to hold CGC cases. If you search CGC wall holders on amazon they pop up. Im not sure if they work well or anything but thought this would be a decent suggestion. Peace.

Edited by dfx1

On 1/19/2019 at 11:11 AM, Bomber-Bob said:

In general, I don't think it is a good idea to display CGC books. They are not UV protected and it will affect the cover colors.

Hey, 

I agree that UV protection is important, yet I also don't think that CGC books should be put in a box in the closet either.  The books that I want to display were CGC'd  because I enjoyed the cover artwork or are valuable to me for one reason or another, so resale isn't that big of a concern although I don't want them damaged either.  I'm thinking that I might build a custom wall piece for my "Man Cave" as a lot of what I'm finding for sale line won't fit into what I'm envisioning. 

Thanks for the feedback :)

-RKSM  

3 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

I would suggest displaying them in a glass case that is covered with UV protective film, if anything.

Yeah, that would work as well as I have a few statues already in cases. 

-RKSM

On 1/19/2019 at 4:51 AM, dfx1 said:

1404287489_41wlIgkuFL.jpg.5ef1fafb2f33447f7a5be4ffe34be264.jpg

These racks are supposed to hold CGC cases. If you search CGC wall holders on amazon they pop up. Im not sure if they work well or anything but thought this would be a decent suggestion. Peace.

Thanks, I will look into those and let you know.

-RKSM 

35 minutes ago, I like pie said:

These work great for the wall or they can be used as a surface stand. My windows are all UV coated and I don't use any UV emitting bulbs in the house.

How do you prevent the UV radiation from entering your home through the front door when you open it?

Spoiler

:jokealert: