• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AQUAMAN 2 directed by James Wan (12/16/22)
6 6

934 posts in this topic

Saw it over the weekend in of all places Montreal,Canada as I was visiting some relatives I haven't seen since the pandemic. 

I liked it, but there was only like less than 20 people in the crowd.

I am really beginning to think we are in a superhero fatigue cycle now unless it's Spider-Man or Batman. 

On 1/1/2024 at 3:06 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

Saw it over the weekend in of all places Montreal,Canada as I was visiting some relatives I haven't seen since the pandemic. 

I am really beginning to think we are in a superhero fatigue cycle now unless it's Spider-Man or Batman. 

Still think its more Superhero bad story-lines and D-level characters.

Most COVID to now is characters most dont care about mixed with some of the worst story-lines and bad CGI.

Its almost bad GOTG did so well lol , now they think other low-tier characters can make a billion dollars.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 1/1/2024 at 6:12 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Still think its more Superhero bad story-lines and D-level characters.

Most COVID to know is characters most dont care about mixed with some of the worst story-lines and bad CGI.

Its almost bad GOTG did so well lol , now they think other low-tier characters can make a billion dollars.

Yep and agree, that started it GOTG. The surprising success of that made them think every c or d lister would make bank and be successful.

On 12/31/2023 at 9:40 AM, Gatsby77 said:

How to Lie With Statistics, an example. 

Put another way, basically no chance the international take for this ultimately matches Black Adam's $225 million.

The media is publishing every statistic to make Aquaman 2 look as bad as possible.

But it's clearly going to pass Black Adam easily.

hey, watch Aquaflop2 pass Black Adam easily on its way to $1.4B

image.png.c9415501d2d73174238c1aa728a00650.png

I believe we've plumbed the box office depths and reached the bottom of the Mariana trench

image.png.9225c6dbeb81d4fdd5a67ecc63758cfe.png

Edited by paperheart

On 1/2/2024 at 1:24 AM, paperheart said:

hey, watch Aquaflop2 pass Black Adam easily on its way to $1.4B

image.png.c9415501d2d73174238c1aa728a00650.png

I believe we've plumbed the box office depths and reached the bottom of the Mariana trench

image.png.9225c6dbeb81d4fdd5a67ecc63758cfe.png

I know it's not saying much...but A2 will obviously pass Black Adam easily. 

What if the media would have hyped up A2 ?

And can you imagine the media trashing Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Blue Beetle, Flash, Shazam, Black Adam, The Marvels, The Batman for a year...saying what utter garbage they are LOL ?  And saying what absolute trash Superman Legacy is going to be.

Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2024 at 3:57 AM, ChillMan said:

I know it's not saying much...but A2 will obviously pass Black Adam easily. 

What if the media would have hyped up A2 ?

And can you imagine the media trashing Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Blue Beetle, Flash, Shazam, Black Adam, The Marvels, The Batman for a year...saying what utter garbage they are LOL ?  And saying what absolute trash Superman Legacy is going to be.

I get your point.

But you may not have been around when a group of MCU fanatics decided to disrupt the Wonder Woman (2017) release by spreading stories about the movie. Including a story posted as a "former WB executive" that knew first-hand the film was a total wreck. To the point Patty Jenkins addressed the deception due to the extensive press coverage.

Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins addresses rumours the film is 'a mess'

We all know how that period of news coverage impacted the results. Though a number of countries banned the film due to the Israeli lead.

Edited by Bosco685

RIGHT??

Or the full year that nerds spent trashing Michael Keaton (ahem! Mr. Mom's) casting as Batman before Tim Burton's film.

Day-um do fans just hate DC.

It's a travesty, I tell ya!

On 1/1/2024 at 6:06 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

of all places Montreal,Canada

I just returned from Montreal last night. I was there Saturday & Sunday, taking in the new year! 

On 12/31/2023 at 5:07 PM, Straw-Man said:

must say i kinda liked it.   prefer it to the first one.   imo better than black adam, flash and the marvels.

On 1/1/2024 at 6:06 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

agreed.  I thought it was actually pretty good.  Not sure why everyone hated on it so much...

On 1/2/2024 at 2:37 PM, Cman429 said:

Saw it over Christmas break and it wasn’t a bad movie but I liked it better the other times when it was called Thor. 

Thor was underwater battling Black Manta ?

On 1/2/2024 at 7:04 AM, TupennyConan said:

I just returned from Montreal last night. I was there Saturday & Sunday, taking in the new year! 

Love the place

Have a lot of relatives there who I haven't seen since 2020 do to restrictions.. crazy ride back as our plane and was struck twice by lightning. Scary. My original plan was driving , but my girlfriend and baby sister said take the air plane plan.

Next  time I driving and not listening to baby sister and girlfriend. They agree now. haha. Glad I here friend so I can post to you and Bosco. That was a hell ride

Next time I driving to Montreal. Lol

On 12/26/2023 at 2:30 PM, Gatsby77 said:

But some of this is likely not specific to Aquaman 2 itself, but rather general superhero fatigue.

I know...I know...

But look at the top films of 2023.

Barbie and Super Mario Bros. took the top 2 slots, and only 3 superhero films were among the top 10.

Plus - the top comic book film of the year (in the # 3 slot) was an animated one, not officially part of either the MCU or DCEU.

The Flash and The Marvels fell well outside the top 20, and Blue Beetle and Shazam 2 (and likely now Aquaman 2) fell well outside the top 30.

The predictable result?

Fewer comic book films we be greenlit going forward and those that are will likely have smaller budgets.

It's not superhero fatigue entirely,  it marginal to bad movie fatigue.  It is just an endless stream of sameness. The film are very predicatable, and usually the character developement is weak. If you start putting out films of similar quality to phases 1 to 3 of the MCU some fans would come back. Same as if you were making films like the Nolan Batman films.

I am not saying there is not good stuff out there, but the massive amounts of meh, are turning people away from the better stuff.

Edited by drotto