• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AQUAMAN 2 directed by James Wan (12/16/22)
6 6

934 posts in this topic

‘Aquaman’ Sequel: James Wan Seeking Seaworthy -----script As First Film Makes DC History

Needless to say, Warner Bros. is eager to set sail with Aquaman 2. Warner Bros. has been courting the filmmaker and will likely need a whale-sized deal to lock him in. Wan is the only filmmaker who has delivered a billion-dollar moneymaker for two different studios (his Furious 7 revved up $1.5 billion for Universal in 2016) but don’t expect him to ship out from the Aquaman franchise. The filmmaker is deeply invested in the world creation aspect of Aquaman and sees the deep, blue sea as a fantasy setting that can be cinematically comparable to Middle-earth, the Jedi galaxy or the wizarding world of the Harry Potter films. There’s a lot of ocean floor and undersea kingdoms left for Wan explore.

Wan’s spokesman says the filmmaker is taking a much-needed break right now and studio sources say that a deal won’t happen until Wan sees a seaworthy -----script. The project is in development mode until that happens. Another wrinkle is Wan’s first-look deal with New Line. But it would be a shocker if Warner Bros. doesn’t get Wan back on board the same way they locked in director Patty Jenkins for the Wonder Woman sequel. After watching Disney-owned rival Marvel Studios fill the sky with superheroes there’s just too much pressure on Warner Bros. to catch up for the studio to allow a proven success to get off the hook.

Edited by Bosco685
Confirmed that James Wan will direct

6 Great Comic Directions Aquaman 2 Could Go In

The Trench Creatures Could Be The Main Antagonists

Aquaman's journey into The Trench was perhaps one of the most tense scenes of the feature, and a testament to James Wan's ability to make scary moments happen. The scene was brief, however, and really only gave viewers a fleeting amount of time with the race when compared to their comic book debut. These creatures are deadlier than they seem, and could really do some damage to the world if left unchecked.

As mentioned, James Wan's extensive horror experience makes the prospect of a Trench-centric Aquaman 2 incredibly exciting.

It really was a wild part of the movie I wanted to see more of. Especially the way they swarmed the area like a school of killing fish.

Hands down the best visual scene in the movie -- almost felt like I had left the other movie behind for 90 seconds or so before returning to it.  Give me more of THAT imagery any day...the rest was pretty standard CGI stuff.

17 minutes ago, paperheart said:

Dec 2022

December 16, 2022

‘Aquaman 2’ Coming Ashore In December 2022

Warner Bros just dated Aquaman 2 for December 16, 2022. The only other major studio release already booked that weekend is an untitled live action movie from Disney. Christmas Day falls on a Sunday that year, and Illumination Animation has an untitled film that’s set to open on Wednesday, December 21.

Warner Bros and DC are also mounting a spinoff titled The Trench, which is being written by newbie screenwriters Noah Gardner and Aidan Fitzgerald. It will have a horror-pic slant centered on The Trench, a relatively new creature in DC Comics mythology who appeared briefly in the first film attacking Jason Momoa’s superhero and Amber Heard’s Mera.

It will be produced by Wan and Safran, cost less to make than Aquaman and not involve any of the original’s key cast including Momoa or Heard.

Edited by Bosco685

‘Aquaman’s Patrick Wilson Says Ocean Master Won’t Be Main Villain in Sequel

Aquaman star Patrick Wilson is game for more undersea menacing, but he doesn’t expect Orm to be the main villain in the next Jason Momoa-led adventure.

“I don’t know what the future holds for Orm … You can’t kill him. He’s too important to [Arthur’s] journey … he’s a foil to [his character],” Wilson said during an event celebrating The Art and Making of Aquaman book (via SYFY).

“He’s not gonna be a main villain in another movie. I don’t think Orm ends up in Belle Reve like he does in the New 52. I assume they’re gonna keep him in some kind of jail below the surface. If [director James Wan] wants me back, I’m certainly happy to come back.”