• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AQUAMAN 2 directed by James Wan (12/16/22)
6 6

934 posts in this topic

I just got back from seeing it. It was decent and normal flow, I didn't predict the end but in one way which might have been so obvious it wouldn't have mattered.

I saw it on screen X, which is to say fun, but some of the CGI suffered and idk if it was BECAUSE of brand x

IB15E0.gif

On 12/21/2023 at 8:20 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I just got back from seeing it. It was decent and normal flow, I didn't predict the end but in one way which might have been so obvious it wouldn't have mattered.

I saw it on screen X, which is to say fun, but some of the CGI suffered and idk if it was BECAUSE of brand x

IB15E0.gif

I watched it and really enjoyed it!

On 12/21/2023 at 8:57 PM, WolverineX said:

I watched it and really enjoyed it!

Amen. I thought it was good too, glad you were able to see it so soon  :)

It was a rainy day for me but figured to get out before too close to Christmas. Leaves the weekend open.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/21/2023 at 10:14 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Amen. I thought it was good too, glad you were able to see it so soon  :)

It was a rainy day for me but figured to get out before too close to Christmas. Leaves the weekend open.

I was exactly the same. I didn't want to go over the weekend cuz it'll just be too crowded

On 12/21/2023 at 5:36 PM, Bosco685 said:

This is not sounding good coming from the reasonable reviewers :frown:

Overall: 6.0/10

There is no such thing as "reasonable reviewers".

In the past, there was pussyfooting around...but not anymore.  It's total war...total lies & propaganda.

And conservatives are human...all the anti-waken sites will sell their values up the river for money/clicks/rage-bait-views.

Conservative sites are LYING so blatantly.  Dropping their whole format to act disheartened...like they're going to die...about how non-stop-waken Aquaman 2 is...LYING about how it's all global-warming propaganda.

And everyone in the comments believes like sheep.  Even though all the environmental damage was purposely caused by Black Manta with ancient Atlantean fuel...not by humans.

On 12/24/2023 at 1:47 AM, ChillMan said:

There is no such thing as "reasonable reviewers".

There isn't? 

I have viewed and read a number of 'professional movie critics' and bloggers over the years. And you can clearly tell those with a bias or axe to grind by their words and reflection points such as "that's no MCU" or "aren't we all tired of Uncle Ben dying" conveying they lean in to one creative approach or have no clue what lore makes a character tick. Yet others respect creative differences between studio and directors, along with knowing the subjects they comment on.

On 12/24/2023 at 1:54 AM, ChillMan said:

And hey Boscoe...is CGC a reasonable site?

Why does their 'December Upcoming Comic Movies' front-page feature article only talk about Wonka...which obviously isn't even a comic...?

Explain that, please...

I have no idea. Other than for many years this forum has conveyed a stronger Marvel Comics and Marvel Studios leaning. Yet when anonymous surveys were conducted during a time when the louder few proclaimed Man of Steel or Batman v Superman were "hated by all", the results proved otherwise.

MoS_CGC_poll.png.b4d6fdb3fec2d052bc54139fac0e21ec.png.45bd8accecd7d4f1e458dabe63c4e440.png

BvS_CGC_poll.png.8ec0003f12977a9ac7cee011de1a8e6e.png.833ed57663ee1c3155935f9cd35eb088.png

Go figure.

On 12/23/2023 at 11:04 AM, AndyFish said:

At Godzilla Minus One they played the preview for this, and a theater full of people BOO'd.   Not a good sign.

I have a feeling that a lot of comic book movies will receive the same reactions. 

Weird.

I remember the critical and theatrical failure of BvS leading to the cancellation of 4 planned DCEU movies (Justice League 2, Cyborg, Ben Affleck's Batman, and Deathstroke).

Wherein the catastrophic 69% 2nd weekend drop led to WB panicking, reworking Justice League Part 1 to lighten it up with Whedon, and then - audiences simply didn't show up for it anyway - having already been burned by the prior film.

But hey - at least we've still got Ezra Miller :whee: