• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 California Comic Con - Post your Photos
2 2

124 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Is that a 50cent sticker on the Utterly Mad?

Yes, that was a common practice when books didn't sell or you got a new stock and current prices had gone up.

Prior to the days of UPC codes, my brother and I would prowl the post-Christmas aisles of the local Two Guys department store looking for mispriced HO trains. They would take all the trains and re-sticker them with sale prices to move out the stock. Invariably someone would mismark something good. I remember we picked up a $20 GG1 engine for $3 or something crazy. This was like Manna from Heaven to us as we always lusted after that engine. Of course, today not only does no one have to know the prices that can't change anything at the register either!

Edited by 50YrsCollctngCmcs

3 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Yes, that was a common practice when books didn't sell or you got a new stock and current prices had gone up.

Prior to the days of UPC codes, my brother and I would prowl the post-Christmas aisles of the local Two Guys department store looking for mispriced HO trains. They would take all the trains and re-sticker them with sale prices to move out the stock. Invariably someone would mismark something good. I remember we picked up a $20 GG1 engine for $3 or something crazy. This was like Manna from Heaven to us as we always lusted after that engine. Of course, today not only does no one have to know the prices that can't change anything at the register either!

Damn modern technology...taking the fun out of shopping...

17 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

tn_MadPBs1.jpg.50964dfa9146d047ad7f72c610664d1a.jpg

I never seen a picture of @Robot Man but I think he is one of the 4 bottom left (shrug)   hm maybe middle bottom right :whatthe: The Hat on the 2nd book looks familiar ? I guess all things from the 30's are hard to find but we all Love them (thumbsu