• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 California Comic Con - Post your Photos
2 2

124 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I heard a lot of people talking about Leading and Star Spangled. Are these gaining steam again?

The almost full run of superhero Leading comics literally disappeared in the first two hours. They were priced right and were nice books. Where else can you get a VG-F full-length story  DC with decent art for $150-200? I think good pricing had a lot to do with it. The Star Spangled books did not seem to be moving as fast and only a lack of funds kept me from picking up more.

On 1/30/2019 at 10:37 AM, october said:

Along with raining blood and dogs & cats living together, I am pretty sure those perma-dud titles being hot is the third sign of the apocalypse.*

*Aside from the classic Hard Luck Hat issue. 

It never ceases to amaze me what sells at a con. I sold all 3 issues of Star Spangled as well as Metamorpho, Metal Men, Bullwinkle, Howdy Doody and a lot of Dell Westerns. Everything sells for the right price to the right person.

10 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

It never ceases to amaze me what sells at a con. I sold all 3 issues of Star Spangled as well as Metamorpho, Metal Men, Bullwinkle, Howdy Doody and a lot of Dell Westerns. Everything sells for the right price to the right person.

(thumbsu I have seen that at Cons things are overpriced a lot now days (shrug)

9 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Most of the stuff I mentioned sold fairly briskly for 50-70 off Guide. Now, hot PCH, GGA, Keys and classic covers sold for multiples of guide. Just got to understand and follow the market.

50 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Most of the stuff I mentioned sold fairly briskly for 50-70 off Guide. Now, hot PCH, GGA, Keys and classic covers sold for multiples of guide. Just got to understand and follow the market.

I bought a CGC 6.0 Superman 9 for under 1000 last year ebay and at cons they are 5 times that price:whatthe: I bought a lot of Superman's number's in the  30 to 40 around 100 to 150 and at the Berkley con the are 300 to 450 and the ones I got on ebay are in better shape(shrug) I say all the Actions in the number 80 to 130 and Tecs in that range are 35% the cost on ebay than at show's. I know it don't cost 40 bucks to do a show now days but I have no problem spending $$$ if they left a little meat on the bone. My x wife left a little meat and took the rest :cry:

1 hour ago, woowoo said:

I found most of the GA stuff at this con priced in the FMV range, if towards the higher end, but these are dealers, with a living to make, and most are quite reasonable at discounting (another reason books are priced where they are, is that dealers expect to be countered on price). There are always a few great deals to be found, even with some of the more popular GA genres, but they take effort to find, and usually aren't wall books. The big appeal for collectors who aren't always looking for the best possible price, but have specific wants, is that one can see the books in hand. With a little effort and patience you may be able to find a better deal on ebay with the more common GA, but not always, and much of the time you are crossing fingers that the book is as good as the representation. 

5 minutes ago, rjpb said:

I found most of the GA stuff at this con priced in the FMV range, if towards the higher end, but these are dealers, with a living to make, and most are quite reasonable at discounting (another reason books are priced where they are, is that dealers expect to be countered on price). There are always a few great deals to be found, even with some of the more popular GA genres, but they take effort to find, and usually aren't wall books. The big appeal for collectors who aren't always looking for the best possible price, but have specific wants, is that one can see the books in hand. With a little effort and patience you may be able to find a better deal on ebay with the more common GA, but not always, and much of the time you are crossing fingers that the book is as good as the representation. 

Sold :takeit: