• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 7

292 posts in this topic

Grade was CGC 9.0 WTF??? 893whatthe.gif No way...someone help me understand this...

This one is not right, and there has to be something wrong that is either inside the book, or not visible in the scan. This is like "freakshow grading".

I'd love to know what kind of damage was present for some to give that book a VF/NM, especially compared to other 9.4 and 9.2 copies.

There has to be something more wrong with it like a few non-color breaking strass lines or something. The soft back corners took it out of 9.4 for me, but as it appears it's still a strong 9.2 and I would not have been surprised to see a 9.4 label. Can't say I understand the 9.0... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I wonder if it was the same three graders who gave a 9.6 to that ASM 1.

screwy.gif

The three go head to head to head in the winners round right? confused.gif

I should get a bye since I was closer than the other three. devil.gifstooges.gif

I should get a bye, this was my third straight tie with Zipper. Curse you Zipper! Curse you all to hell! grin.gif

Great job, mica!

I gave it a 9.2 because I saw a pretty bad spine stress underneath the price box, and the corners seemed blunted to me. I actually thought I undergraded it though. So, I also have to say 9.0 is a shocker.

Grade was CGC 9.0 WTF??? 893whatthe.gif No way...someone help me understand this...

This one is not right, and there has to be something wrong that is either inside the book, or not visible in the scan. This is like "freakshow grading".

I'd love to know what kind of damage was present for some to give that book a VF/NM, especially compared to other 9.4 and 9.2 copies.

MUST be something wrong. cuz I nailed it!! how dya like dem apples?

this was my third straight tie with Zipper. Curse you Zipper! Curse you all to hell! grin.gif

27_laughing.gif

The feeling is mutual. Will you roll over and screw one up already? grin.gif

Some folks are griping about the format, but IMO, the head-to-head match-up format really makes it MUCH more exciting than simply adding up points.

Some folks are griping about the format, but IMO, the head-to-head match-up format really makes it MUCH more exciting than simply adding up points.

I agree.

Teams head to head would be the best! thumbsup2.gif

I agree.

How would you do it with teams? like 4 people try to agree on one grade?

#3 9.4 Stays in Losers

#50 9.4 Stays in Losers

Aces, thanks for seeing it my way. Wow a rare overgrade for me!!!

I was very close to going 9.2 you lucky dog. grin.gif

I agree.

How would you do it with teams? like 4 people try to agree on one grade?

I almost went higher, until my questions got answered. I don't have the best monitor in the world. In these two contests I have seen some pretty wacked out grades from CGC so almost any grade they give, I'm totally not surprised!