• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 7

292 posts in this topic

Hey, Aces

All the guess/PM's have been submitted. Are you going to announce what you think the grade is again. poke2.gif

No they haven't cause I still have to PM my guess later today.

screwy.gif

BTW way this thread is classic JC and JC baiting! 27_laughing.gif

And JC is a master, right? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

blush.gif

Grade sent.

I think I nailed it this time! acclaim.gif

So now you're going to spill the grade? poke2.gif

Toro might be listening. gossip.gif

hm How many "best graders" are there? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

gossip.gif Everyone except Hobby. poke2.gif

stooges.gif

That's Hobgoblin to you. You haven't earned the right to give me a nickname.

Boy, you're awfully presumptuous for a second rate villain. How do you know I was talking about you, Hobby? Is that the best you can do? Aren't you at least going to throw some of those deadly razor-bats? You're no Macendale, that's for sure. Heck, you aren't even Lefty Donovan.

- Peter (my real last name is actually... PARKER!!)

laugh.gif

Yeah, I'm only Flash Thompson disguised as the Hobgoblin. confused-smiley-013.gif

Gee, you sure aren't much fun, Hobgoblin sorry.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I thought I was playing along. Oh well confused-smiley-013.gif

You weren't playing well enough poke2.gif

It's probably about time to stop hijacking the thread anyway, we don't want people to start calling us "Greggy and Deathlok II" 893whatthe.gifstooges.gif

27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif Good one!

sumo.gif

So how exactly does one weasel his way into this contest? While I know jack-squat about the finer points of grading comics, I figure I can still waste some company time by playing devil.gif

I'm sure there'll be a new one starting up once the current contest ends. If I had more than 10 CGC books (most of which forumites have already seen), I'd start one myself.

Unless other board members would like to email scans of slabbed books to me, and I'll actually host/run the contest. Well, then again, I wouldn't be giving away any prizes, so maybe not. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So how exactly does one weasel his way into this contest? While I know jack-squat about the finer points of grading comics, I figure I can still waste some company time by playing devil.gif

I'm sure there'll be a new one starting up once the current contest ends. If I had more than 10 CGC books (most of which forumites have already seen), I'd start one myself.

Unless other board members would like to email scans of slabbed books to me, and I'll actually host/run the contest. Well, then again, I wouldn't be giving away any prizes, so maybe not. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, don't do it!!!!.Cause then we would'nt be able to hear about how supposedly your such a "GREAT" grader every other thread.. poke2.gifstooges.gifhi.gif

Well, if you do just know the grade then of course that's what you should say. But if you are trying to choose between grades and you think you know how your opponent will grade, that's where the strategy comes in.

I STILL dont see your point. What difference does it make what your opponent will guess if you are correct? And, if your other choice is one grade off, well, thats the next best you can do... If the purpose of the contest is to NAIL the grade. Next best would be coming closer than your opponent.

SO I ask again, if you KNOW the correct grade, arent you safer going with it? How is it better strategy to be one or more grades off from the correct grade?

I musrt be stupid or slow today, but - - - whaaa?

hey, somebody answer this about the winner of it all: is the last one left in the Winners bracket the WInner of the contest? Or does it go on until there is only one player not eliminated?

Read Aces post at the top of page 15.... popcorn.gif

SO I ask again, if you KNOW the correct grade, arent you safer going with it? How is it better strategy to be one or more grades off from the correct grade?

If you KNOW the grade, then you're cheating.

It all comes down to playing a hunch and risking it, vs. playing it safe.

wow... when i saw how many pages this thread had... i thought i missed the deadline!

Ditto.

Just goes to show... nothing kills the fun of games better than keeping statistics. tongue.gif

What, you don't like knowing how many points your favorite pro or college teams score? Or how many home runs your favorite baseball player has hit?

Interesting outlook. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif