• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why do sellers from Eugene, Oregon have such a difficult time keeping their CGC graded books in the slabs?

84 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, 500Club said:

That's a STUpendous underestimation of his total posting career. :grin: 

In application of recently applied logic, Isn't accusing a new board member of being a shill disparaging to all of this community's forum members? Casting an unnecessarily large shadow over the entire community? A community which boasts Forum members with impeccable reputations, who are widely respected, because too broad a brush is being used in this accusation, whether founded or unfounded?    doh!

:jokealert:

18 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

You

You titled this thread:  "Why do sellers from Eugene, Oregon have such a difficult time keeping thier CGC graded books in slabs?"  If you wanted to contain the conversation to only certain "bad sellers" in the Eugene area, you could have used their eBay ID's in your title, not slandered all sellers in Eugene, Oregon.

You then double downed in your disparagement of Eugene sellers by stating:  "The fact that multiple sellers from Eugene, Oregon, where PGX's corporate garage is headquartered, sell alleged "CGC" material with CGC labels only and not the slab and/or well, while all of their PGX graded  listings have their slabs perfectly intact seems to me to be more than coincidental, and worthy of mentioning. Don't you agree?"

If you wanted to confine this statement to just some Eugene sellers you should have confined it to specific sellers. Instead, you keep talking about Eugene sellers and not specific eBay ID's, stating in a subsequent post: "We've seen this same scenario, the same type of M.O from other Eugene, Oregon Ebay IDs. CGC labels only or books encapsulated with CGC labels, no slabs, or damaged slabs, yet they have 5 to 10 times as many PGX slabs offered and nary a one looks to be at all compromised in any way."

And to eliminate any doubt you are defaming all Eugene sellers, you then state:  "Mind you, I wouldn't appear to be so quick to rush to judgement if this were a seller from another area. But of all cities for this seller to be based in? Eugene? An obvious misrepresentation using a floated CGC label to pull it off? Circumstantial?"

I'm not the only one reading your comments this way, as fullerjason put it, you are engaging in a "roast of Eugene, Oregon..."

In short, your posts are really foolish and irresponsible in defaming an entire community's collectors and sellers, a community which includes eBay sellers with impecable reputations and widely respected comic creators, because you paint with too broad a brush.  

Really, you should be apologising and stating your positions more precisely.

After all, someone could accurately say X scam happened in this locality and disparage all the sellers in that locality, as you have done of Eugene sellers, but that would be stupid too.  Without a lot of effort, given that this hobby has more than its fair share of seller misconduct, (sadly) I could easily disparage almost every community in the country based on some individuals actions, but that too would be wrong.

You really need to apply more wisdom to your posts.

Lighten up, San Francis. I think it's pretty clear to anyone employing some critical reasoning that the issue here isn't the locale, but rather the shady company located in that locale that seems to have links to some eBay sellers (plural; which is why the IDs aren't called out specifically) that operate out of the area. See a seller who is engaged in the practice of selling cracked cases? That's who's being called out. See someone who's selling practices reflect most other sellers? Probably not a problem.

2 hours ago, James J Johnson said:
3 hours ago, 500Club said:

That's a STUpendous underestimation of his total posting career. :grin: 

In application of recently applied logic, Isn't accusing a new board member of being a shill disparaging to all of this community's forum members? Casting an unnecessarily large shadow over the entire community? A community which boasts Forum members with impeccable reputations, who are widely respected, because too broad a brush is being used in this accusation, whether founded or unfounded?    doh!

It's disparaging to all new posters, and painting them with a broad brush implying ignorance and stupidity.  sfcityduck should be ashamed of himself. :grin:

On 2/5/2019 at 4:15 PM, 01TheDude said:

The message you are sending out on this board for these various ebay scams while somewhat important are not of great value to the majority of the members of this forum. I say that because the level of sophistication of the collectors found here would be highly unlikely to fall for any of these BS sales attempts.

You do realize you're proclaiming the sophistication and expertise of all boardies only a half dozen posts after a bitcoinswami's "Gem Mint" 9.8 2016/2019 extravaganza, right?

:baiting:

Since its pretty much always Stu, look for mostly insults/well placed zingers.  Usually trying to make someone look stupid.

39 minutes ago, Gaard said:

(thumbsu

I'm not going to read anymore of this thread. Too confusing.

Your lack of faith disturbs me.

5 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Aren't there many other users to interact with?

They keep telling me not to interact with em.

On 2/4/2019 at 6:20 PM, BITCOINSWAMI said:

@mattn792 i ALERADY FOUND MY GEM MINT ASM 361 no need to troll alright? I have a better collection than you will ever dream off actually maybe not but I am happy with my current collection. I have been busy hustlin so unable to post on here my current hauls so far AND submitting my comics to CGC, just got my ASM 361 from CGC back and very pleased with the results!

IMG_9625.JPG.fc4d64f008baea042291728d639abadd.JPG

Sharp!  I still find it kinda surprising that people pay $20+ to have a company grade their comics for them, when in my head these are still new books worth under $20.  I really  need to get with the times!  I wonder if this is how guys who read comics in the 60's felt in the early 90's.

7 minutes ago, waaaghboss said:

Sharp!  I still find it kinda surprising that people pay $20+ to have a company grade their comics for them, when in my head these are still new books worth under $20.  I really  need to get with the times!  I wonder if this is how guys who read comics in the 60's felt in the early 90's.

Yep thats how we felt.

19 minutes ago, kav said:

Yep thats how we felt.

Always fun to hear from people who were buying comics in the 60's.  I started in 91 with Spidey and cap, and used to wish I could roll up to a magazine rack full of the old 12 centers.  Always had a fascination with the silver age books, even then.  I still have my silver reprint of ASM 1 that I probably read a hundred times!  

It's weird now, as i'm nearing a point where books from when I was a kid are about as distant (age-wise) as the silver age was from when I was reading books in the early 90's.  If that makes any sense :)  

4 minutes ago, waaaghboss said:

Always fun to hear from people who were buying comics in the 60's.  I started in 91 with Spidey and cap, and used to wish I could roll up to a magazine rack full of the old 12 centers.  Always had a fascination with the silver age books, even then.  I still have my silver reprint of ASM 1 that I probably read a hundred times!  

It's weird now, as i'm nearing a point where books from when I was a kid are about as distant (age-wise) as the silver age was from when I was reading books in the early 90's.  If that makes any sense :)  

Nothing like looking thru rack as a 10 year old with only 25 cents in pocket.  All those comics and you could only get two.  Or one 80 page giant.  The feeling is indescribable.  I wanted comics more than anything back then.  I never thought to ask for subscription for christmas!!  WHY   :cry:

I don't remember the LCS all that much, wasn't one near, the folks didn't encourage it.

I do remember the grocery store being near, and that is why I enjoy newsstands.

To be at a newsstand with some dime or quarter comics, I can only imagine...  :foryou:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

28 minutes ago, kav said:

Nothing like looking thru rack as a 10 year old with only 25 cents in pocket.  All those comics and you could only get two.  Or one 80 page giant.  The feeling is indescribable.  I wanted comics more than anything back then.  I never thought to ask for subscription for christmas!!  WHY   :cry:

This is why.

subscription-crease.jpg

1 minute ago, Ride the Tiger said:

This is why.

subscription-crease.jpg

:cry:

Ok-for chrsitmas I want $3.00 a month and visit to store.  We only got to store that had comics sporadically.