• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kirby verified signature?

73 posts in this topic

Nobody has cared to take a stab at answering my question on how much a Kirby signature is worth in dollars (US CURRENCY) and I think I have posted that FF 13 about 5 times in these forums, it is getting silly.  The best I could tell is about 200 bucks.

5 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Heck, possibly much more.  All he’d have to do is point to how many times Stan got $100 per signature.

I bet $5000/sig would still have a line.  That guy could have printed money so easily.

3 minutes ago, kav said:

wut abt 100 sigs?

Considerably less. But if some facilitator was cagey enough to somehow procure 100 yellow label Ditkos on vintage AS books that Ditko worked on, and word didn't get out as to how many there were, to make the most of it and not kill the golden goose, he'd have to be extremely patient in slowly, and I do mean slowly filtering them out into the marketplace. One here, one there 6 months later. Another one out 6 months after that. Most are not that patient

Just now, James J Johnson said:

And I'd be one of them camped out on that line with my lawn chair waving my "Let's Go Dit KO" pennant. :headbang:

I would say and I want a cockroach too like the Stan one-

2 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

Restoration has gotten past graders though 

typically, it's trim that slips by because of the nature of it. It's subtracted, not added, it's not resto, it's destruction, and it's not the first time the book was trimmed!! It was re-trimmed atsome point in time after it was trimmed by the factory. That's more of a detection issue like autograph authenticity opinion. Rather than identifying something tangible that was added, it's a matter of deciding if the book has been trimmed once, by the factory, as all books are, or twice, the second occurring aftermarket. Very similar to trying to decide if a signer's track is authentic!