• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2021 at 3:49 AM, fantastic_four said:

Every trailer before this one has been meh, but this one is pretty far from those.  I'm actually excited about this movie now.  :whee:

This was much better in theater before Shawn-She.  

‘Eternals’ director says film will have a “very big effect” on the MCU’s future

Chloé Zhao also said that "we stand alone as a film" too

She told Total Film“I think we stand alone as a film for sure. But I do think we will have a very big effect on the future of the MCU with what happens in this film. Which, you know, as a fan, is really satisfying for me! I geek out.”

Even the picture they chose is meant to stir the pot

For this conversation, Zhao dialed in from her Prius in a parking lot outside her dentist’s office in Santa Barbara, California; Villeneuve from his home in Montreal. Their deep admiration for each other’s work was immediately apparent as the pair engaged in a wide-ranging conversation that covered the creative process, Star Wars, and why it is so vital that we keep going to the movies (when it’s safe to do so).

DENIS VILLENEUVE: I’m your biggest fan. I think it’s genius that Marvel approached you because you’re the radical opposite of it aesthetically. When I saw The Rider for the first time, I was blown away. I wrote a note to you—an artistic love letter. What touched me was your insane skill to be able to approach life. Life is so afraid of the camera. When I saw The Rider, I cried because I was like, “She did it. She was able to go in that zone that I thought was not possible.” I wonder how you can invite life in a Marvel movie."

CHLOÉ ZHAO: Isn’t there a feeling that keeps you going? This wonderful and complicated life we live as human beings, the desire to capture it and navigate it and present it in a way so it can speak the truth through poetry?

DV: In a clumsy way, I try to re-create life by bringing chaos in front of the camera. But with you, I feel that you are in total control of what’s happening in front of the camera.

:roflmao:

On 9/16/2021 at 5:03 PM, fantastic_four said:

Is it safe to say that the pretty-good performance of Shang-Chi means no more delays for this movie?  :wishluck:

Hope so, I'm looking forward to it.

Marvel Studios confirmed already due to Shang-Chi the Eternals movie is set.

On 9/16/2021 at 3:53 PM, Bosco685 said:

DENIS VILLENEUVE:  I wonder how you can invite life in a Marvel movie."

I know how Villeneuve can invite some life into his movies: quicker edits, get to the f****ng point, leave the scene earlier, and for gosh sake a little more action, please.

On 9/29/2021 at 7:20 AM, TupennyConan said:

Will Galactus be a Celestial? 

No, but his distant uncle on his father's side will be which we will discover somehow he became involved with Stark Industries and then he was wronged and forever swore he would have his revenge!

>:(