• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

For the most part I enjoyed the Marvel movies (with the exception of Black Widow, for obvious reasons see my avatar), but this looks pretty dull. Granted, I never read the comics so I have no attachment, but these trailers do nothing to draw me in. 

Looking back, think I made the right decision to unload my copies and going to start contemplating selling more. 

On 8/19/2021 at 3:50 PM, Lpgk said:

Looking back, think I made the right decision to unload my copies and going to start contemplating selling more. 

You might regret having unloaded Eternals #3 the first modern appearance of Sersi (Strange Tales #109 is her first app as Circe in a flashback panel). Eternals is going to be a very very good movie and Sersi will come out the major player from it. Confirmed by my crystal ball which isn't 100%  right sometimes.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

On 8/20/2021 at 10:05 PM, bpc3qh said:

I'm looking forward to this. Kind of regret selling my Eternals 3 recently; had I known the trailer was coming I would've held off, but oh well.

I think recent prices for Eternals 3 are pretty high in the $1300 range and might stay around there (maybe peak at $1500) whether Eternals is a massive hit or not. Sersi will be the star and the main hero in Eternals and probably the one Eternal to become an MCU Avenger (along with Black Knight), but her first appearance is diluted by a Silver Age cameo appearance from Strange Tales #109 in which she appears as the sorceress Circe (of the Odyssey) in a single flashback panel. The Handbook of The Marvel Universe has confirmed that is the first appearance of Sersi but it's a fact that's still largely unknown by collectors, but maybe not for long. CGC now acknowledges it in the notes for ST#109.

Just kidding, any book with Kirby art isn't a POS. But I still think the book will drop like a rock after the movie is released. That's the pattern for these hot movie books, even if the film is good.

Edited by Larryw7

Which previous books that shot up after a movie "dropped like a rock"?  I only collect the major titles, but all of the issues featuring a major character that got a movie bump didn't drop significantly afterwards.

On 8/21/2021 at 8:09 PM, fantastic_four said:

Which previous books that shot up after a movie "dropped like a rock"?  I only collect the major titles, but all of the issues featuring a major character that got a movie bump didn't drop significantly afterwards.

Ms Marvel 1.  I have a 9.6 that peaked at around $900, about 2 weeks before the movie came out. After the movies it dropped to about $300, and since has drifted back up to about $350.

Edited by drotto

On 8/21/2021 at 8:22 PM, drotto said:

Ms Marvel 1.  I have a 9.6 that peaked at around $900, about 2 weeks before the movie came out. After the movies it dropped to about $300, and since has drifted back up to about $350.

A lot of investors thought Carol Danvers might be the savior of Endgame. When it didn't turn out that way and she only made brief appearances in the movie, coupled with a dislike by some collectors for the actress because of her social activism, I think many investors lost faith in Captain Marvel as a major player in the future of the MCU and thus had lost faith in her key books.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel is about to be at the forefront of the MCU and will be a leader of the future Avengers (along with Sam Wilson). High grade Ms. Marvel 1 and MSH 13 are already steadily climbing back closer to their peaks and ought to surpass those prices once we all finally see that Captain Marvel will be the queen of the MCU.

On 8/21/2021 at 8:09 PM, fantastic_four said:

Avengers 55 is one--Ultron rocketed and then plummeted.

Iron Man 55 cooled off, and there were several others with more minor characters. The first appearance of the Ghost, now the first Taskmaster. I know there are more, but I was half joking in the original post.

On 8/22/2021 at 10:44 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

A lot of investors thought Carol Danvers might be the savior of Endgame. When it didn't turn out that way and she only made brief appearances in the movie, coupled with a dislike by some collectors for the actress because of her social activism, I think many investors lost faith in Captain Marvel as a major player in the future of the MCU and thus had lost faith in her key books.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel is about to be at the forefront of the MCU and will be a leader of the future Avengers (along with Sam Wilson). High grade Ms. Marvel 1 and MSH 13 are already steadily climbing back closer to their peaks and ought to surpass those prices once we all finally see that Captain Marvel will be the queen of the MCU.

Hang on, 'for her social activism.' Is that what you call 'cos she couldn't act for in her first full appearance'? And please don't respond, this is rhetorical, and there's no need to mess up another thread with your Captain Marvel carp.