• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

Stace,

I'm going to agree and disagree with you here.

Ian did complete the entire back catalogue of DCs, and those who would like to dispute the fact are doing so simply because the challenge seems almost impossible. As for what's involved, there are a few folk who have the same goal and there is a well-spring of knowledge in that small circle. They know what's involved and who's got what, and who's missing what. Just because we here don't, doesn't make it impossible that somebody else does. Would it surprise you to know that this is the 2nd time that this feat has been achieved?

As to how Ian was treated, I'm sorry but he brought every bit of hurt upon himself. He was entirely dismissive and disrespectful of everybody and everything around here...unless you had a book, or a lead on a book, he needed. Then he was your best friend.

Until he got the book.

Then you were a again. (thumbs u

Nick we all know Ian's 'unique disposition' on life is somewhat on the gratting side of things, but to paint him as the guilty person amonst so many wondefrul and open minded guys here... lol oops have to stop for a moment, it hurts from laughing, would be the hight of utter nievity.

Guys would of relished pushing his rather sensitive buttons from the word go.

Edited by brasseye

Stace,

I'm going to agree and disagree with you here.

Ian did complete the entire back catalogue of DCs, and those who would like to dispute the fact are doing so simply because the challenge seems almost impossible. As for what's involved, there are a few folk who have the same goal and there is a well-spring of knowledge in that small circle. They know what's involved and who's got what, and who's missing what. Just because we here don't, doesn't make it impossible that somebody else does. Would it surprise you to know that this is the 2nd time that this feat has been achieved?

As to how Ian was treated, I'm sorry but he brought every bit of hurt upon himself. He was entirely dismissive and disrespectful of everybody and everything around here...unless you had a book, or a lead on a book, he needed. Then he was your best friend.

Until he got the book.

Then you were a again. (thumbs u

Nick we all know Ian's 'unique disposition' on life is somewhat on the gratting side of things, but to paint him as the guilty person amonst so many wondefrul and open minded guys here... lol oops have to stop for a moment, it hurts from laughing, would be the hight of utter nievity.

Guys would of relished pushing his rather sensitive buttons from the word go.

I'm with you Stacy. Ian was no saint, but he's not the only guy to have ever used the boards to achieve his ends. But he certainly attracted more venom than any of those other people did.

I see I'm being discussed.

I found it painful to visit these boards regularly, as I got trolled an awful lot on them, and made many enemies, and didn't think it worth the trouble when the whole experience was not a pleasant one.

I possess every DC comic ever sold, right up to this week, and continue to do so.

I possess almost every promo ever made as well. There are a couple of elusive ones, plus we can never be sure we know a complete list because they have made so many obscure premiums for various companies, and we discover new ones all the time that we had previously never heard of.

But I can assure you there is no other collection like it.

Ian, great to hear from you.

I didn't realise you were keeping everything current either. After coming so far, and achieving so much, it would be the logical thing to do, glad to hear it.

And any new 'discoveries' added recently?? Even with the monthlies it has to be a somewhat still an organic collection.

The DC indexes website has a master list. Looks like over 35,000 issues to date.

That list does not include the Trades. Doesn't Ian have most trades or did he stop?

I have every Trade, every comic, the lot.

No exceptions.

Right up to date.

I get my comics from Paul Sassienie of Comic Biz, and have done so for years.

He has written many books about comics and he personally ensures I never miss any DC, including Trades, Hardbacks, and Absolute Editions.

And there are well over 35000 DCs now.

Ian, what are some these 'elusive' promos, if you don't mind saying?

I could keep an eye out ;)

What did you think of the Doctor Who series 4 finale? I'm torn between 'a bit stupid' (my honest assessment) and awesome (vicarious assessment borrowed from my 6 year old stepson) lol

They still shout too much and solve things at the last minute by virtue of a deus-ex-machina. Boooooring. Moffat episodes were always good though.

Ian, great to hear from you.

I didn't realise you were keeping everything current either. After coming so far, and achieving so much, it would be the logical thing to do, glad to hear it.

And any new 'discoveries' added recently?? Even with the monthlies it has to be a somewhat still an organic collection.

I finally found a copy of "The Aquateers Meet The Super Friends", which has to be the rarest DC promo ever, given away with kids snorkels and flippers in 1979 or thereabouts.

A couple of rare promos still elude me - a pamphlet called "Advertise In DC and Join The Stars", and the brochure in 1990 to promte the Flash TV Series, plus I never did get a "Supergear" but as it's a bootleg and was illegal and got pulled because DC stopped it as it infringed their copyright, it doesn't count, although it would still be nice to have one.

But no-one can ever claim to have every promo as the list is infinite. I can certainly claim to have every DC comic ever issued for sale, of course.

What did you think of the Doctor Who series 4 finale? I'm torn between 'a bit stupid' (my honest assessment) and awesome (vicarious assessment borrowed from my 6 year old stepson)

Awesome.

Plus.........

Number on on the TV charts, a forty-something share, seen by over fifteen million people and an Appreciation Index of 91, the highrest ever.

What did you think of the Doctor Who series 4 finale? I'm torn between 'a bit stupid' (my honest assessment) and awesome (vicarious assessment borrowed from my 6 year old stepson)

Awesome.

Plus.........

Number on on the TV charts, a forty-something share, seen by over fifteen million people and an Appreciation Index of 91, the highrest ever.

Cool, I'll turn off my cynicism! lol

I thought Davros and his crazy sidekick were very well done (thumbs u

Thats true, the core runs are what it's ultimatelty measured on.

The promo's while very interesting, and important in their own right are alway's going to be adjunctive to the main title runs.

I have to say though, the promo's do sound pretty interesting, and keep you in 'the hunt' so to speak. Great work!! (thumbs u

Edited by brasseye

How do we know this Ian guy really has every DC issue?

Just throwing that out...

I was posting the pics up on here but I see they're already up three pages back, which is great.

is that a double action 1 in the pic?!

i thought it didnt exist.

It's a mock-up that he had created.

Correct. Matt Nelson did it for me with the scan I acquired years ago of the cover, and with the correct Doctor Occult pages reprinted inside. I had three done back in 2004.

A impressive feat and collection.But what is the point if you dont really appreciate the books?It all seems just something to own and brag about.Kinda sad.

Dennis

I pop back in here after three years and read stuff like this and I remember why I left.

What gives you the right to judge people who you don't know.

I love my comics, always have done, know everything there is to know about the JSA and virtually all the Silver Age, especially the early Justice Leagues.

How can you pass comment on someone who you don't know ??

Well he must of at least made a couple people have thick pockets full of cash. In order to acquire a collection that quickly you are going to have to overpay on a lot of hard to get issues.

That quickly ???

It took forty years.