• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

I see no point in discussing Christine as she was not particularly civil to me, and because of that, any criticism of her would be unfair, especially as I don't know her as a person. Anything I say could be misinterpreted, so far more tactful to simply not discuss her at all. Please respect my wishes here.

Wasn't this because she was a very private person who went to some effort to retain her privacy and you went to some effort to track down her private phone number? I would imagine such a reaction was to be expected in those circumstances? (shrug)

Sorry but I don't believe she ever did complete it. Certainly not back then, anyway.

Hmm, maybe I misunderstood the postings at the time, here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=45806&Number=848237#Post848237

Congratulations on being the 2nd person to complete this remarkable feat! What are you going to do now? Try and upgrade so that you have something closer to the quality of Christine's complete collection?

No, I am perfectly happy with them all. I have upgraded every comic I wanted to upgrade except for Girls Love 5. I had a huge list to upgrade and now there's just one comic left on it. I am more than happy with my collection. As for what I'm going to do now, I'm going to try to complete my MASSIVE HUGE ENORMOUS collection of rare DC giveaway, promo, and premium comics, NONE OF WHICH CHRISTINE HAS AT ALL !!!!! (I'd love to see her find either a Superman/Bradman comic, or a Twisted Metal comic).

And before I accept her collection as complete, I need to be sure she has both "Narrative Illustration - The History Of The Comics", and "How You Can Defend Your Home", both of which qualify as bone fide M.C.Gaines All American comics, and both of which are true DCs.

Maybe I misread this, but weren't you willing to concede she had a complete set if she had these 2?

Hmm... PLOD, registered 18 July 08, has an opinion on a years old argument? meh

So, you're either a shill for a previously banned member, or you're hurtling to conclusions based upon a cursory examination of ancient threads.

In fairness mate, I don't think that the date that somebody registered on the boards should reflect on the validity of their comments. 2c

Truly one of the greatest feats in the history of comic book collecting. A testament to dedication and the thrill of the hunt that only fellow obsessive collectors can understand.

The DC quest was one of the truly fascinating things about these boards that got me inspired to take my Doctor Strange collection to the point it has gotten to. Seeing posts of rare giveaways once again makes me hope that Ian sticks around for a while.

Amazing promos. (And, of course, I've never seen any of these anywhere.) (thumbs u

I'm wondering why the licensing division of Warner Bros (or DC Comics) doesn't keep at least one copy of each licensed item. I realize they can't keep every single item ever created (especially bulky toys), but these are pamphlets.

Doesn't the legal department go through these licensed items to make sure they're appropriate or meet some sort of standard?

Ian - do you know the backstory on some of them? What's the deal with the "Weird Mystery Tales" books and the Warlord Remco book? Also the "Dirtminator" - what's that all about?

Very cool - I would imagine you're locating stuff that you didn't know existed all the time.